Thread: How is Access to the O'Brian creek campground?

Default How is Access to the O'Brian creek campground?

Hello all, heading to the copper to dipnet soon and was wondering if I can get my travel trailer down to the obrian creek campground this year? How is the road?

Default access

Geting a camper to obrien creek is no problem. Dont bother bringing your four weeler there is a slide just past obrien that you cant get through. I just got back today. We took my 16' allweld with a 50-35 honda jet. It took the three of us 4 hours to catch 120 reds. We caught all our fish drifting right above the canyon.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

Agreed. I wheeled up a little past were the signs said not to. Then walked some after that. The cracks in the "road" made me nervous to be on foot. Didn't see the creek or the slide. Didn't need too. Boats were where is was at this weekend.

Default Wolfkiller did you put your bost in at O'brian Creek?

Just wondering if you had a problem putting in at O'brian or did you go up to the bridge?

Default 4 wheelers

I called Glenallen F&G today. I was told there is a 4 wheeler bridge across O'Brien Creek and you could take a wheeler about a mile.Has anyone else heard anything like that?

Default bridge

I put in up by the fish wheels. I did see others launch at obrian though.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Default Boat Launching at the Fish Wheels

How is the boat launching at the fish wheels? Do you have to get your any or all of vehicle tires in the water?

Was there any charge for parking/launching?

Default good

launching was good. The truck stayed dry. There was no fee that I know of, but I would rather beg forgiveness than ask permision.