Thread: Boat alarm options?

Default Boat alarm options?

Hey Everyrone-

Im looking for ideas or product info for a simple boat alarm that would text or email my iPhone. Something simple and wireless if someone jumps on the boat or tries to move it.

Im anchoring at a location and leaving the boat out of sight for about an hour and do not want anyone messing around..

Thanks for any ideas,

Mike

Is there a reason you are worried about it? Have you had problems in the past? I anchor and leave my boat for hours out of sight and have not had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by 4whlr View Post
    Is there a reason you are worried about it? Have you had problems in the past? I anchor and leave my boat for hours out of sight and have not had any problems.
    Ive not had any problems in the past but the river is busy with tubers and kayakers and maybe Im being a little paranoid as well. In Alaska my boat would be run of the mill and probably not even looked at twice.. On our river (Delaware), Im the only one running a Jetcraft XS and it draws a lot of unwanted attention from curious people wanting to know things like "wheres the motor and how do you run the prop over the rocks and is the water intake up front in the bow?"

I just need to keep an eye on it while Im away and make sure no one cuts the anchor line and lets it float down stream.

This past year someone cut loose the fireworks barge and let it float over the rocks and down the delaware...no more fireworks barge...