Thread: Mt house

Default Mt house

So anyone find a good place to stock up this fall? The usual walmart sale or Fred Meyer buy 2 get one free hasn't materialized and priced seem sky high. Otherwise I will buy cans as 3 bears has some good prices on those. Thanks.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Sollybug View Post
    So anyone find a good place to stock up this fall? The usual walmart sale or Fred Meyer buy 2 get one free hasn't materialized and priced seem sky high. Otherwise I will buy cans as 3 bears has some good prices on those. Thanks.
    I've been missing out; I never knew about aiut a buy 2 get 1 sale. Darn. I have noticed the price jumped considerable on the "buckets." I generally buy in individual quantities. That lets me have a variety of flavors. Those buckets usually only have 2-3 styles, only one of which we like.

I've seen the buy 2 get 1 free deal at Freds twice so far in the last month. I'll say something if I see it again.

I found the best deal with Amazon using prime,, best price I could find.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

The buckets usually go on sale in winter, I buy them then for the next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    I found the best deal with Amazon using prime,, best price I could find.
    +1
    Same here.

Costco was carrying an 8-10 package box if you make it up to Anchorage. Walmart is by far the best pricing for individual packages. As you know, Walmart is great when they have their sales. I was hoping Cabelas and Bass Pro would have good Mt. House pricing but they may just be the highest prices in town. Mt. House prices seem to keep climbing and are getting kind of ridiculous. Sucks when you can't find a good sale on them.

This is because it is a perfect SHTF survival long term storage food for everyone, including (a few million) people who do not hunt or camp. It is the same issue as the .22LR shortage and pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    Costco was carrying an 8-10 package box if you make it up to Anchorage. Walmart is by far the best pricing for individual packages. As you know, Walmart is great when they have their sales. I was hoping Cabelas and Bass Pro would have good Mt. House pricing but they may just be the highest prices in town. Mt. House prices seem to keep climbing and are getting kind of ridiculous. Sucks when you can't find a good sale on them.

I checked Fred's today and no sale. I looked at the amazon deals but those are the same buckets costco has which have no pasta prim, chicken slaking or white bean chili which are my favorites. The best prices right now appear to be three bears at about 650 a pack. Usually on sale they are 4.50. Also you can buy 10 at rei and get 10 percent off which helps.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Actually the best price in Anchorage is at Wiggy's. Marc usually has some on hand. He will sometimes do bulk orders in the spring and that is by far the best pricing.

Soldotna Freddies had the buy 2 get one deal on Saturday 8/16 morning, for about 5 hours. Maybe next Saturday too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sollybug View Post
    I checked Fred's today and no sale. I looked at the amazon deals but those are the same buckets costco has which have no pasta prim, chicken slaking or white bean chili which are my favorites. The best prices right now appear to be three bears at about 650 a pack. Usually on sale they are 4.50. Also you can buy 10 at rei and get 10 percent off which helps.
    I just bought 7 individual packs at sportsman in wasilla. Depending on flavor and serving size the prices seemed alright. The '2' servings per pack were 629 I believe...

I was just turned on to adventure appetites in Anchorage. Tried the carbon pasta on a recent float trip and it was awesome. They are little more spend at $17 for a person meal but it actually fed the both us with some leftover. Down side is they don't cook in their own package you have to boil them in a pot. Doubt I will use mt house again unless I am trying to go uber light.

Steve