Thread: Whittier Silvers

Default Whittier Silvers

Anyone hook into any silvers near Whittier yet? I'm trying tomorrow and just looking for an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did silvers ever show up in Whittier this year? Is it worth giving it a shot this weekend or are they done?

I am going to try next weekend, please go and give us a report. We got a little king off Blackstone point a couple weeks back. They are always around.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I'm thinking of going too. Any word if the silvers in the harbor? I always remember them as the last run around and getting them around sept. 30ish. I'll post after I go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got out today and trolled for about two hours. Caught one nice king in Passage canal. No other bites. Sunny day but really windy.

Anyone been out lately? If the weather holds, I may take a day trip on Fri with the kiddos for some Rockfish jigging in and around Knight. Anyone been out there lately or heading out this Fri?
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

I keep hoping someone us going to post that they are in.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

headed down Saturday, hope to get to n. knight island for some rock fish and maybe do some beach hunting for deer. Curious if anyone has tried ling cod fishing this time of year?
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

I have caught them pretty late in the year, not plentiful but still able to pick up a couple.

Tlingitwarrior,

Go to YouTube and search Alaska 2012 GoPro Fishing, Pt. 2 We were able to hook up on Ling cod this late in the year. The observation that I have from the video was that the fish were not as aggressive as in the summers...

Good luck! You can get lucky once in a while with days that feel almost like summer!

So I talked with someone who summers in Whittier but winters elsewhere. He said Silvers never came into the harbor or near the rocky bluff surrounding the harbor. They came into the nearby creeks and streams but never into the harbor. FYI. Good to note for next summer.

I spoke with f&g earlier and the release point for this years return was salmon run creek or whatever they call the first stream out of town. They had issues with the release pens closer they said.

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Hope they get it nailed down, I was getting them every cast with my tube jibs off the loading docks several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by winterhwt View Post
    So I talked with someone who summers in Whittier but winters elsewhere. He said Silvers never came into the harbor or near the rocky bluff surrounding the harbor. They came into the nearby creeks and streams but never into the harbor. FYI. Good to note for next summer.
    I went dwn there very early-mid oct to see if a few would show up late just for the heck of it. I didn't see any, but was told there were still few caught in the streams as well.i tossed hardware for a few hrs, hoping with high anticipation n a good attitude, lol, still nothing... well it was still a better day than inside even though it was pouring the whole time. Till next year,