Thread: Johnson Lake?

Default Johnson Lake?

How is the fishing at Johnson Lake? Shore fishing? Also does anybody know how the campground is there, can you get a pop up camper in there? Thanks

Have'nt been there for about 5 yrs. But the trout fishing was good then. We had a canoe with us. Fishing along the shore. If I remember right we fished the shore just south of the camp ground. Cant say how it would be if fishing on foot. The camp ground was plenty big to camp with a tralier. It was pretty busy, most spots were taken. But we were able to still get a spot. This was @ end of may. We were mainly fishing for kings on the kasilof. It was a lot better place to camp that at the kasilof campground.

johnson lake fishing varies quite a bit from year to year depending upon conditions, when last stocked, and how the winter went. typically you can catch a few fish from the bank in the mornings and eves, but need to get away from shore during the day.
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Smile

We've heard decent reports from this season so far. If the state facilities are full / too busy for you. Kasilof RV Park is located just across the street on the west side of the lake. My wife's uncle owns it and runs a pretty nice place

Default Johnson Lake

Daughter and her family spent the night at Johnson Lake a few days ago. Some kids/criminals shook their trailer in the middle of the night and raided coolers and anything else that was left out. Should be some rainbows in there. Have fun!

.338 Mag pointed out something that I completely forgot about. We also had one cooler come up missing over night. Been so long ago I forgot all about that. Best advise is lock everything up at night. Also had a buddy get raided at night a few weeks ago up at south rolly campground.

Default Is this near Tustumena?

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Daughter and her family spent the night at Johnson Lake a few days ago. Some kids/criminals shook their trailer in the middle of the night and raided coolers and anything else that was left out. Should be some rainbows in there. Have fun!
    Just wondering-I want to put my boat in and run Tustumena Lake and I believe it is down Johnson Lake Road. (I don't know for sure, I haven't been there yet.) Can I expect problems at the Tstumena launch/camp ground? (No hijack intended.)

Tim

Fishing is great on Johnson lake. If you have a canoe, it's all the better. Watch out for the loons, they will try to steal your catch.