Thread: 1911 in 22lr

Default 1911 in 22lr

Lots of companies offer a 1911 version in 22 lr. Who's got the most bestest one and which ones should I shy away from?

SOTN, I sort of remember you messing around with one a while back. What's your opinion on these little guns? Do they come in a Commander version?

My eldest grand son turned 12 recently and he reminded me of promise that I made a couple of years ago. I remember mentioning getting him a 22 pistola but I'm thinking he conjured up the promise part. Never the less he's a good en and Pa Pa loves his tagging along and showing great interest in all things gun and hunting related.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    Lots of companies offer a 1911 version in 22 lr. Who's got the most bestest one and which ones should I shy away from?

SOTN, I sort of remember you messing around with one a while back. What's your opinion on these little guns? Do they come in a Commander version?

My eldest grand son turned 12 recently and he reminded me of promise that I made a couple of years ago. I remember mentioning getting him a 22 pistola but I'm thinking he conjured up the promise part. Never the less he's a good en and Pa Pa loves his tagging along and showing great interest in all things gun and hunting related.
    I hadda LLama, which was a very scaled down 1911 look alike in 22 LR.

I didn't shoot it much, It gave me no trouble. I sold it when I needed $$. That was a long time ago. (I go wayyy back)

That's all I remember, but I've seen more than 1 kind of LITTLE 1911 like, 22 pistols in the store lately. I dunno enough about'em to make something up.

I see the advantage, though. You could train him how to use them Obsolete Old 1911s.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

I would skip the 1911 clones and buy a Ruger, probably a Mark1 or 2.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

I've had a few real Colt Aces and even they did not shoot like their big brothers.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I recently bought a Colt 1911 in 22lr. It's actually made by Walthers. It is built slightly different inside but is the same external dimensions as the full sized 1911. It has some aluminum parts so is somewhat lighter but has the same feel. I have two of the Ruger MKI Ts in 6 7/8 and they have been for years my favorite 22 pistol. The 1911 is making that choice more difficult. It is a very nice pistol.

I have a MKII but he isn't crazy about it. He likes my 1911 but is a little weak wristed and needs to learn on a 22. I think I'll take him shopping when he gets back here!

About all a guy can do is go on line and read reviews. I been wanting one and looked hard at the scaled down Browning version that is smaller then a Govt. Mod., but went with a Ruger 22/45 Lite. My 8 and 10 year old grandsons like shooting it.

I have a Ciener .22 conversion unit for my Colt Commander. Works well, but only with the hi velocity loads. Fun for bunnies.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I'd probably just go with a Walther P22.

I couldn't teach 1911 to myself.

But, the scaled down 1911 22 pistol by browning might be what you want.

http://www.gunblast.com/Browning-1911-22.htm

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Well, he will probably really like the Colt. It is lighter than a normal 1911 but is the same size. Recoil is very light, it holds 12 down + 1. I have only shot a couple hundred rounds through it. So far no malfunctions and although I haven't tested it for absolute accuracy, it does shoot very well using every sort of bulk ammo I have tried in it so far. I can't speak for the other clones as I haven't tried any of them but I am very happy with the Walthers/Colt

I have a conversion kit(floating chamber)on a series 70 Government model but, wouldn't recommend this unless you want to take a cleaning kit to the range with you, every time you go, and they are very heavy. I can remember when a kid, I'd of given up, well,my left male part for one of these
    Steve

Nice review on the Ruger 22/45 Lite..... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ger-2245-lite/
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!