Thread: New Member Introduction

Default New Member Introduction

Hello all. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as a new member on the board. I currently work in Charlotte, NC and live down in South Carolina, but I'm a born and raised Arkansas boy. I work in law enforcement and my job is transferring me to AK in a few months so I've been reading a bunch on your forum. My main passions outside my family are big game hunting and some fishing. I've only been to AK once for a fishing trip and really enjoyed my time there. Looking forward to the move and hope to keep enjoying everyone's post on here. Thx.

Where you moving ? What part of Carolina ? I moved up here 15 years ago from S.C
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Hey Roger. I'm moving some where in the Anchorage area. I'll be working out of Anchorage, but I prefer to live out somewhere. My home now is on 15 acres outside Rock Hill, SC.

Welcome to Alaska! And to the forums!
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by bighatlaw View Post
    Hey Roger. I'm moving some where in the Anchorage area. I'll be working out of Anchorage, but I prefer to live out somewhere. My home now is on 15 acres outside Rock Hill, SC.
    Just about neighbors then I'm from Edgefield
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Welcome! This is a great forum with GREAT members. Don't hesitate to ask questions. I have learned more about hunting Alaska just by reading other people's threads then actually going out for myself. If you ever have a question about hunting up here, ask, I'm sure someone will know the answer. I even had a member mail me a scope free of charge because my other one had issues. That scope will be used on the caribou hunt I am attending in 3 weeks (as long as they are not within the 5 mile corridor). Again, welcome!
    I'm prolly out using my bow or 30-30

Welcome to the best place on earth and a very well run forum with good members. Lots of experience on here and for the most part folks are willing to share information. Alaska no longer has the liberal game seasons it used to have due to more user groups and land being tied up by parts of our population and the feds. But, if your strong and determined you can still put on a back pack and go forever in relative solitude. Have lots of fun!