Thread: New bow bear agenda 6

Default New bow bear agenda 6

Had a little misfortune this past week when I went to sportsman's to have my bow tuned up and get some new parts put on it for my upcoming jber hunt. I called later that day to see if I could pick it up and was told they had an issue..??? Uhh what kind of issue I said. They informed me that after everything was done and they shot it to make sure it was good it was set on the counter and about a minute later the string gave way and the lower limbs had cracked.... At first I was like yeah right it just broke. But after they explained where the string broke I know I had looked at that same spot and always wondered if that was the best design the way it was done. They even had the surveillance video to back it up. I came in and the manager offered me a really nice discount on another bow even after I told them I didnt blame them... Long story short I am now the proud owner of a bear archery agenda 6 and wow that thing is a rocket compared to my old hoyt.

What kind of Hoyt did you have? and how old was it?

It was a hoyt havoctec I can't remember exactly when I bought it but it was about 12 or so years ago. I have killed a few moose and a few bears with it and was sad to see it die.

Whew those agenda 6 have a very aggressive draw cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Whew those agenda 6 have a very aggressive draw cycle.
    It's been a long time since I've bought a new bow and I only have my old hoyt to compare to. I am just able to shoot again from a shoulder surgery and wasn't able to try out any other bows and needed to get one on short notice being that I have to go to Anchorage and shoot the proficiency test for my up coming jber hunt. The draw on this one is smooth as butter for me but it has a very short Valley on it so you pull the weight all the way to the back. There is very and I mean very little creep on this thing so that was something I have to get used to. So far I am more than pleased with the new purchase. I have it turned all the way back to 55 lbs and it shoots way faster and harder than my hoyt did at 70 lbs. I have not put it through a crono yet but plan to. I am hoping to work back up to 70lbs and with my draw length and arrow weight I should be able to get it to around 300fps. It's fast and very smooth and extremely quiet. I wish I could have tried out other bows but as it was I had to go off of Internet reviews and I wasn't able to find any bad so I went with this one. And so far am pleased... Now if I can take a moose with it that would be awesome.

Glad you like it! Hope you shoot something with it

Sorry to hear about your old bow. Everything happens for a reason. Hope your new bear works out for you. I can't remember the model I have but I love my bear.
    I'm prolly out using my bow or 30-30

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I came in and the manager offered me a really nice discount on another bow even after I told them I didnt blame them...

I have always been impressed with the customer service offered at the Sportsman's here, in the valley - even before Cabelas and Bass Pro came to town.

Good luck on your hunt!
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    I came in and the manager offered me a really nice discount on another bow even after I told them I didnt blame them...
    Was it Eric that worked with you? If so he's a good guy and has worked with me too.

Good Luck with the new bow...!!! (and glad to hear you can pull it back now....)
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

I'm pretty sure it was Eric the guy with the beard. I thought he was more than fair with this issue especially since I don't think it was any fault of theirs at all. I've talked with him before and he seems like a good guy. Good customer service keeps my business here in town as much as possible