Thread: Friday Pinks

Arrow Friday Pinks

Hello all,

My wife and I are making our way from Homer to ANC tomorrow, and have a few hours to kill. I was hoping to get her into a few pinks, kind if continue to grow the fishing bug in her. I was thinking Centennial or Swiftwater? Is this a good idea? I don't need to keep anything, they don't need to be chrome, just need to get into some fish.
    Thanks in advance for any ideas. Loving this trip, even if it is a bit soggy.
    Mike

any slow moving water area right now is stacked with them. either place you could catch pinks.

Try Eagle Rock on the Kenai Spur. Go past the sign for the Pillars, maybe a half mile on the left, road name Eagle Rock, $5 State pay site, go past boat launch, fish off the beach.

Caught many a pink and coho off that bank as a young kid.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Thanks guys. We will be there today. Tight lines all.

Anyone have an idea of the visibility on the Lower Kenai? Middle Kenai is past flood stage. I've heard tons of fish (pinks) but water conditions making it more difficult than usual.

Definitely very muddy two days ago, we were getting fish but you really had to be in areas with high concentrations of fish because visibility was about 4". I can't imagine it's gotten better in the last two days.

Thanks for the help guys. We were able to spend a couple hours catching fish and killing time. About a 12-15 fisherman, hard not to hook up every 10-15 minutes.