Thread: Parking Permit

Default Parking Permit

I understand that there is a season parking permit available for use in state areas. Where on the Kenai peninsula does it apply and how much does it cost vs. daily fees?

Default Go here:

http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/asp/fees.htm

After checking out the prices click on the "Also see the fee listing by facility for more information." link for locations and some details about each.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthRick
    http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/asp/fees.htm

After checking out the prices click on the "Also see the fee listing by facility for more information." link for locations and some details about each.
    For some reason, I can't get that link to download. Any other suggestions/info.?

Well, in the meantime... The pass is $40 for one vehicle, or $60 for two. the normal daily rate is $5, so if you go at least 8 times you'll pay it off. I'm not sure of all the facilities on the Kenai that are applicable, but I know there's a number of them. It's not good, however, at the Russian River campground, which is run by the Forest Service. Incidentally, it's also good at all other state park areas, such as Flattop, Bird Ridge/Bird Creek, McHugh Creek, Hatcher Pass, Eklutna, etc. If you're taking visitors around sight-seeing, it'll pay for itself in no time. You can pick them up at the customer service desk at REI.

-Brian

Default Parking Pass

You can also purchase the yearly pass at most of the areas that sell the daily pass. At least that is how I bought mine.