Thread: Any taxidermy recomandations for life size brown bear

Default Any taxidermy recomandations for life size brown bear

I have a beautiful Boone and Crockett brown bear I harvested last season on the Kenai, measuring over 10' and I want to life size mount it. I've never gone beyond tanning a hide. What are some reliable taxidermist around the state any one might recomend? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bear crawl View Post
    I have a beautiful Boone and Crockett brown bear I harvested last season on the Kenai, measuring over 10' and I want to life size mount it. I've never gone beyond tanning a hide. What are some reliable taxidermist around the state any one might recomend? Thanks
    I've had Dahlberg's Taxidermy (Hoytguy on this forum) do a a lot of brown bear work for me and many of my hunting partners. I think he has two of my hides right now to rug and he just finished a life sized B&C bear (LINK) for a good friend and hunting partner as well. Jesse is the best communicating taxidermist I've ever used and does outstanding work. I will continue to use and recommend him to others.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Check out Ron Aldridge at caribou unlimited. He is just outside Soldotna. He has done a number of big life-size bear mounts and does really good work. He does all my taxidermy work and I've been happy with all of it. You won't be disappointed

I agree w/ 1Cor15:19. I have 2 hides I need to take to Jesse (Dahlberg's Taxidermy/Hoytguy) next week. I've been to his studio and seen A LOT of his work and he's also helped me flesh both my caribou and black bear hide. Very professional and honest!

Warning: stay away from Dahlberg's! If the game gods look favorably on me this fall I don't want to have to be in line behind everyone else for continued excellent work and service from him.

The guy knows bears. Ask to see his bear den and listen to all the black and brown hunt stories he has with family and friends.

Let me introduce myself, My name is Dan Williams and I own Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy in Palmer. I just did a life size brown bear for Seth Short in Kenai who owns Pro-Seal Service Group. This was a Boone and Crockett bear and if you call him I am sure he wouldn't mind showing you his bear. His shop number is 283-0500. Give me a call if you want me to email you some pictures of my work (907) 746-3922.
    Thanks
    Dan

fosters in waslla does nice lifesize bears and so does tim at trophy tanning and taxidermy. tim has done several for my clients and dan has done a few half mounts for my clients as well. i'm very picky on bear mounts, they go bad fast, like a cat mount. if the face aint right...might as well put it in a corner...face first.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Brown bear

image.jpg

Thanks Rob,

Bear crawl,

Here is a B&C CLASS bear I finished up a few weeks ago and will be crating and shipping to Oregon next week. More pics of the mount can be seen by clicking on my signature.

Hoytguy

Dahlbergs Taxidermy
    Quality Counts @ Dahlberg's Taxidermy

I wasn't sure about the forum rules and whether I could post to this thread. I guess it must be ok. LOL

I have 14 yrs exp and have mounted lots of bears and many lifesize mounts - wolves, black bear, cougar, small mammals from hare to wolverine.

above is a project in the works...brown bear cub and fox - the base is next..beach scene (of course)...
    4th pic is a nice photo showing eye detail of a recently completed black bear rug...

Cheers!
    Taxidermy IS art!
    www.alaskawildliferugs.com
    Your mount is more than a trophy, it's a memory. Relive The Memory!

I also recommend that you check out Foster's Taxidermy in Wasilla. I have an elk, on which he did an excellent job and have seen many other outstanding examples of his work in his shop. He does everything from America and Africa.

That is fantastic work JuliW! Would love to see it when it's done.

Another supporter of Dahlberg's Taxidermy.