Thread: Homer Fishing Hole: OPEN TO SNAGGING

Default Homer Fishing Hole: OPEN TO SNAGGING

This just in from ADF&G!

August 12, 2014 For immediate release
    NICK DUDIAK FISHING LAGOON OPENS TO SNAGGING FRIDAY, AUGUST 15

The Nick Dudiak Fishing Lagoon and adjacent waters along the Homer Spit are open to snagging beginning 12:01 a.m. Friday, August 15 through the remainder of the year. The waters opened to snagging extend from the Homer City Dock (near the entrance of the Boat Harbor) northwest along the east side of the Homer Spit, including the Nick Dudiak Fishing Lagoon, to the department marker approximately 200 yards northwest of the Nick Dudiak Fishing Lagoon, to a distance 300 feet from shore. The waters open to snagging do not include the Boat Harbor; the Boat Harbor remains closed to snagging. In the waters opened to snagging, weights or bobbers following a hook or hooks may be used. All other sport fishing regulations remain in effect. A harvested fish counts toward the bag limit of the person originally hooking it. The bag and possession limit for salmon is 6 per day (except king salmon) of which 6 may be coho salmon. These waters are opened to snagging to help anglers harvest the remainder of hatchery-reared coho (silver) salmon.
    For additional information, contact Carol Kerkvliet in Homer, (907) 235-8191.

-END-

Wooohoooo!!!!
    " Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

How long do the silvers stay there in the lagoon? Was thinking of headed down around Sept 18-20th
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I believe they will be long gone...

I have seen them there in October.
    Anyone who wants one of those flabby, scarred up silvers deserves them. Wear goggles.

You will have the place pretty much to yourself. Between the snagging and the short p/u set net opener the spit run fish are pretty much history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Ok thanks guess we will take a trip up north
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Have friends heading to peninsula this weekend should I tell them to rush to homer for lagoon fish or is mid next week just the same?

Why would you when the Kenai river is closer to Anchorage (I assume you are from there) and the chrome silvers are pouring in? They can be caught with real tackle like a Vibrax or eggs, not a grappling hook with barbs.

Sayak,

Believe me if it was me doing the drive (from Fairbanks by the way) The main stop would be the Kenai followed by Kenai then Two Sisters bakery for breakfast in Homer, before returning to the Kenai that afternoon for more silver fishing. Sadly my friends want to "tour" and just want my guidance on the fishing along thier route. By the way this includes "Clamming" sometime in the next 6 days against my suggestion that clamming has been bad the past two years and they better have a better plan then somewhere along the way (regardless clam gun is in the car for them to pickup from work tomorrow). So I guess that all boils down to "Help me help my friends have a good time despite their stubbornness"