Thread: Interior Bear Hides

Question Interior Bear Hides

Whatís the latest interior bears tend to have good hides on them. Iím just now getting to hunt my baits and hoping itís not too late. Iím hunting around Fairbanks if that helps.

Don

My buddy shot one on Friday night. 6'4" sq. The hide was in really good shape. There was one small rubbed area on left side forward of hind qtr. Not real noticable though we did not see it until after bear was down. Just some thin hair. We had been getting hit mainly by griz but this blackie I guess could hold his own. Just 1 hour prior about a 7.5 ft griz was in. A little unnerving. Coop made a double lung shot and the determined bear ran about 100 yards uphill. It gave me a lot of respect for the bear, he had a will to live. But hides are still in good shape. LKN4ELK

We took four bears last week in Cantwell and they all had awesome coats.

Default near Tok

I quit baiting on May 28. All the bears seen were rubbed and rubbing. I have never seen them rub that early. I guess I will just have to be the trigger man next year instead of "saving" them for buddies and family!

Quote Originally Posted by FB Don View Post
    Whatís the latest interior bears tend to have good hides on them. Iím just now getting to hunt my baits and hoping itís not too late. Iím hunting around Fairbanks if that helps.

Don
    I'm not saying you can't find a good hide, but you're a little late. This week or the next will be about the last days you'll see anything decent. If you're looking for good hides, I would recomend just sitting this season out, and just settle for watching bears.

-Eric

I've been seeing soem bears with perfect hides still down here, and some that are really rubbed, its a half half split ATM...

Default interior hides.

Last year we hunted our stand until the 30th of June. We had 5 bears come in that night and not one of them had even the slightest rub mark. A guy up the road from me a couple of miles started getting rubbed bears around the middle of June. I guess you just never know.
    IF GUNS KILL PEOPLE THEN CAN I BLAME MY PENCIL FOR MISSPELLED WORDS?

Default June Bears

I shot my bear in 05 on the last of June and it was not rubbed. I have seen a few bears that are a bit rubbed. I wonder if the rubbing has become a bit exagerated over time. Not sure and I have not been hunting bears as long as some.