Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss customer service

Default Zeiss customer service

What has your experiences been in dealing with Zeiss? I just took my spotter out after a scouting trip and heard a rattling noise. Thought it was the tripod adapter. Took it off. Still rattled. I then looked into the spotter and saw a large jam nut rolling around. ***?!? Of course Zeiss is closed today. So I'll have to wait until Monday to call. Of course I have a moose hunt planned and will be leaving the 29 or 30th of this month. I guess I wondering what their turn around times typically are.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Mike, If you have the address of Zeiss repair, you might pack it up with a detailed letter and take it to the Airport post office, ASAP. Mail leaves out of there near hourly. Can you use it as is, or does it not work.......???

Quote Originally Posted by mjm316 View Post
    What has your experiences been in dealing with Zeiss? I just took my spotter out after a scouting trip and heard a rattling noise. Thought it was the tripod adapter. Took it off. Still rattled. I then looked into the spotter and saw a large jam nut rolling around. ***?!? Of course Zeiss is closed today. So I'll have to wait until Monday to call. Of course I have a moose hunt planned and will be leaving the 29 or 30th of this month. I guess I wondering what their turn around times typically are.

Not sure if it's functional or not. I was planning on heading to the range for a bit but waaaay to many people. Headed to kenai now.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

My son dropped my binos in the fish pond, found them in there several weeks later and were full of water. Sent them to Ziess with explanation and to let me know if they could be repaired or not . Didn't hear from them for about 2 weeks then a box showed up at my house with brand new binos that retail for a few hundred more than the ones I had. I thought that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by t-storm View Post
    My son dropped my binos in the fish pond, found them in there several weeks later and were full of water. Sent them to Ziess with explanation and to let me know if they could be repaired or not . Didn't hear from them for about 2 weeks then a box showed up at my house with brand new binos that retail for a few hundred more than the ones I had. I thought that was pretty cool.
    REALLY....cool...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by t-storm View Post
    Wow! That sounds awesome. My biggest concern at this point is going to be the time frame of receiving the spotter back to AK

I just checked optics talk forum. Unfortunately, it looks like the spotting scope division is different than rifle scope and bino division. The word is that spotters have to go to Germany for repair and it takes a while, like 10 to 12 weeks...Yikes. Hope you have much better luck, I'll be curious of the outcome. Let us know what kind of response you get when you call monday morn.

Will do. If I have to buy a new spotter because of this I promise it will NOT be a Zeiss! I guess I'll find out on mon

My brother and I had been up there for a bear hunt about 3 years ago and were each using a pair of 10 yr old binoculars. During our time in the cold and wet both pair developed a fog inside and almost completely unusable. When we got home I called Zeiss and they said sent them in with a note about the problem. 5 weeks later we each recieved a brand new pair of $700.00 binos at no cost and we had only paid about $350.00 for the original ones. TOP notch service all the way. I use their binoculars and scopes.

My experiences with Zeiss products and customer service have been 100% stellar. I believe they would most likely send you a new scope.

Update on Zeiss, customer service was excellent! I told the lady my issue and that I would need the scope back within 2 weeks because of a hunt. She said no problem I will send you a loaner scope until we determine what is wrong with your scope! I'm happy with that.

That is good customer service. In fact that is top shelf customer service.

My scope took 8 weeks the first time and 11 weeks the second time. Next it was sold. Customer service for me was not great after the first time. Oh, dont bug them.......
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Quote Originally Posted by GrassLakeRon View Post
    My scope took 8 weeks the first time and 11 weeks the second time. Next it was sold. Customer service for me was not great after the first time. Oh, dont bug them.......
    Please explain...

update on zeiss, customer service was excellent! I told the lady my issue and that i would need the scope back within 2 weeks because of a hunt. She said no problem i will send you a loaner scope until we determine what is wrong with your scope! I'm happy with that.
    coooooool!!

Please explain...
    My pleasure. I had a fixed power Zeiss conquest scope. On shot number two, it blew the orange o-ring seals so you could see pieces inside the scope. I called and sent it in. After 8 weeks, I got it back. Mounted it, and on shot number 2 did the same thing. Called them and they were in disbelief. I sent it back. 11 weeks later I get it back and craigslist it. The person told me to check in and ask about its progress, I did once a week. Each time I did they were grumpy. Always wanted one, I got one and will never do that again.
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science"

Edwin Hubble

Wow! Not my experience with them so far.

Wow! Not my experience with them so far.
    I am glad they are doing good by you. I hope they continue to do so. I had a bad experience, but its over and life goes on.

Edwin Hubble

It's been a long time but when I needed them, Zeiss customer service was awesome. Back in the late 70's early 80's I bought a set of Zeiss 8x56 Dialyt binoculars and about 20 years later a couple weeks before hunting season I notice some moisture in one side. Call the fine folks at Zeiss, they said send them down. I got them back in plenty of time to go hunting, no charge. They even polished some scratches out of the lenses.

Update on Zeiss customer service. Top notch! I recieved my loaner scope today fed ex. I mailed my broken scope exactly 10 days ago and was told it would take 4 days to get there and I recieved a new spotter today. I sent back a 65mm with eye piece and recieved an 85mm with a brand new eye piece today. I'm pretty impressed with Zeiss. I'll be interested to see what happens and how long it takes to fix my scope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast