Thread: Embarrasing lesson learned

Default Embarrasing lesson learned

I was in a pinch for time so decided to do an oil/filter/spark plug change on my Grizzly instead of taking it to the dealer. After I completed the task I drove it about 200 yards and everything was fine. Headed out to my property with all my cutting gear ready for a long day when all of a sudden I hear a loud 'POP' and had smoke coming from the engine area. I stopped quickly and found that the oil dipstick had blown out and had spewed oil. I cleaned the dipstick and put it back in place and got to where I could turn around and head to the truck/trailer. When I got to the turn around area I found that once again the dipstick was out and this time the oil level was low. I put some oil in (not easy without a funnel) and headed out. Got to my truck and the same thing with dipstick. Took it to the Yamaha dealer in Big Lake on the way back to town and it was an easy fix....I had kinked the breather hose! Embarrassing but glad that was all it was!!! The service dept got to my wheeler and performed a service within a couple of hours of me dropping it off and they are a great place to deal with.

Lesson learned!

Yup, the Yamaha dealer in Big Lake is great for service. I fried my 4WD actuator 2 years ago during the middle of hunting season. They had it fixed and ready to go the next day. Try getting that service at any other dealer!

Been buying all my atvs from them since 2002. GREAT customer service!!
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!