Thread: Alaska Spey Clave and Fly Fishing Festival

Default Alaska Spey Clave and Fly Fishing Festival

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-07-28 at Jul 28, 2014  8.23.07 AM.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	80031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schedule of Events JPEG.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	80032

Alaska Fly Fishers is excited to be hosting the first Alaska Fly Fishing Festival and Spey Clave on Aug 16th at Mirror Lake in Chugiak, AK.

Presenters include Mark Huber and Tom Somsel from R.L. Winston Rods, Kate Taylor from Alaska Bear Trail Lodge, Lee Kuepper from Alaska's Angling Addiction, and Keith Graham formerly of World Wide Angler.

There will also be a single hand 7wt. distance casting contest, a few featured fly tiers, and a free lunch sponsored by TU's Southcentral Alaska Chapter. Winston, Mountain View Sports, and Bass Pro Shops will have rods, reels, and lines available for demo.

Sponsors include Fish Alaska Magazine, Mountain View Sports, R.L. Winston Rods, Trout Unlimited Southcentral Alaska Chapter, and Bass Pro Shops.

For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/740018756039241/

Cool. Any cost? Will they be offering spey casting lessons because I could use a few pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Cool. Any cost? Will they be offering spey casting lessons because I could use a few pointers.
    Bushwhack,

This event is FREE! There will be six 30-minute presentations on spey casting followed by 2 - 3 hours where you can work on your casting with the guest presenters. This is a great opportunity to get free casting insturction from some of the best in the business.

For more information, including a schedule of events, please visit https://www.facebook.com/events/740018756039241/

I hope to see you there.

-Ben

This sounds like an awesome event! Wish I could attend.

single hand, 7wt 10' length ???? Spey Clave ....
    This land is your land, this land is my land

Bass Pro Shop? Mt. View? Do they know what a spey rod is?

MT View sells them so I think they know SID

I attended this event. It was run very well and I appreciate all who put it together. If I can I will make an effort to attend again next year. Thanks to all who put it together. I know Alaska Flyfishers, Mt. View Sports, and Bass Pro Shop all contributed. Not to mention all the experts who attended and gave lessons. Thanks to all.