Thread: Bait on the Little Su?

Default Bait on the Little Su?

Was today the day? How much of a zoo was it?
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

I don't know but I live off KGB road and when I was driving to work early this morning there sure were a lot of little boats going the other way headed that direction.

Adfg really needs to implement restrictions on power boats in this river ASAP,... There is plenty of opportunity for bank and float fishing,..let the few kings that are left spawn in peace#steps towards restoring this fishery

Quote Originally Posted by iyouktug View Post
    Adfg really needs to implement restrictions on power boats in this river ASAP,... There is plenty of opportunity for bank and float fishing,..let the few kings that are left spawn in peace#steps towards restoring this fishery
    Restrictions are coming in the future....http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=1903
    Little Susitna River: Beginning January 1, 2017, a person may not sport fish from a boat that is powered by use of a motor, unless the motor is a four-stroke motor or a direct fuel injection two-stroke motor. The Board delayed implementing the regulation until 2017 to allow people time to prepare for the change.
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Quote Originally Posted by DannerAK View Post
    Restrictions are coming in the future....http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/sf/EONR/i...n.NR&NRID=1903
    Little Susitna River: Beginning January 1, 2017, a person may not sport fish from a boat that is powered by use of a motor, unless the motor is a four-stroke motor or a direct fuel injection two-stroke motor. The Board delayed implementing the regulation until 2017 to allow people time to prepare for the change.
    What kind of regulation is that? That's no regulation at all. It doesn't stop people from fishing from power boats on the river. The power boats need to be limited completely to maybe a couple of days each week. I get so sick and tired of those things burning by while I'm fishing, dealing with the wake, and then dealing with the lull in bites that follow. I was fishing down near Burma Landing and those boats don't even follow the no wake rule by the launch.

Default Bait on the Little Su?

It certainly is a regulation to remove 2 stroke motors. It is a start and does about all the bof has authority to do. I hear ya about fishing that river. I'd love to take my Driftboat down from Burma and put back upstream with my 10 horse kicker, but no way will I go out there with the madness of the big boats. It sucks man and it's only getting worse.
    Last edited by DannerAK; 08-08-2014 at 14:09. Reason: grammer
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

I was on the river last week and I thought it was really good as far as boat traffic. There are lots of other rivers to fish were you wont get bugged by the boats too. Just a thought