Thread: Bombshelter Tent

Default Bombshelter Tent

We like to spend our money with the local guys and try our best, but this deal we just can't pass up. Cabela's has the Eureka M1 on sale for $699, down from $1299. Cabela's states that the M1 is an improvement of the Bombshelter, which Eureka makes. Any Input?
    Thanks, Randy & Sherry

I bought the M1 on sale, and for that price, I feel it was worth it. certainly not $1299 though. Don't know if you'r in the Anchorage area, but the tent is set up if you'd like to see it.

outdoorRN, I was just researching this same exact question. I came across an older thread here: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...s-M1-Outfitter. In post #15, goeaux mentioned that the difference is in fabric and poles. If that's true, it leaves me a bit reluctant about the M1. However, it does seem to have a great reputation, as others seem to think it's the same tent, since both are made by Eureka.

I would like to also know if either of these tents can be furnished with a stove jack. Would that be feasible?

Thanks for the info. We have had a 6 person Guide tent with alum. poles for several years and want to upgrade a bit. Want to stay with a tent under 50lbs. We had the use of a XWT for the last several weeks in Alaska and were super impressed. My 76yo dad and I could set it up in minutes! We have found out for sure that the M1 is a slight upgrade from the Bombshelter. The M1 was shipped to us this week, and we are going to set it up and compare it to the XWT.

Thanks for the info. We have had a 6 person Guide tent with alum. poles for several years and want to upgrade a bit. Want to stay with a tent under 50lbs. We had the use of a XWT for the last several weeks in Alaska and were super impressed. My 76yo dad and I could set it up in minutes! We have found out for sure that the M1 is a slight upgrade from the Bombshelter. The M1 was shipped to us this week, and we are going to set it up and compare it to the XWT.

doesn't appear to have a stove pipe access, seem like that would be a big drawback
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    doesn't appear to have a stove pipe access, seem like that would be a big drawback
    Any idea how reasonable it is to add a stove jack to it? Has anyone here done this to the M1, Bombshelter or similar (with rain fly)?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    Any idea how reasonable it is to add a stove jack to it? Has anyone here done this to the M1, Bombshelter or similar (with rain fly)?
    Alaska Tent and Tarp said they wouldn't install a stove jack in my Barney's Bombshelter because it wasn't rated fire resistant. I guess you could on your own though.

I've always modified my tents to take a wood stove. even had a Velcroed flap sewed in too. I have a shop do mine for about $100. Never had an issue running a stove.

Hey Mainer,,,, are you still at Wolf Lake, if you've still got that Cabelas M1 set-up, i'd like to take a look at it, let me know.-?
    Thanks, -[The German]-
    [ Retired and Living the "Dream" in Alaska, Semper-Fi ]