Thread: 5 Salmon Challenge for families

Default 5 Salmon Challenge for families

Just a reminder the Alaska Fish and Game has a new challenge for families this year. Catch each of the 5 types of salmon and earn a certificate. We just completed the 5th and final part tonight. My daughter caught this nice silver up at Willow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Just a reminder the Alaska Fish and Game has a new challenge for families this year. Catch each of the 5 types of salmon and earn a certificate. We just completed the 5th and final part tonight. My daughter caught this nice silver up at Willow.
    Thats a nice silver.

Great at concept by fish and game for those road system fishers. Kings were banned for us.

I didn't realize that there was a family aspect to it. My wife caught a king in June, and since then has kicked around the idea of trying to get all five this year. We're pressed for time now that hunting season is upon us, but we might make a try at our remaining species sometime over the next couple days.

Here is a link to the ADF&G five species family challenge! http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...veSalmonFamily
    All my family needs now is a silver and we are complete for the year!
    "The North wind is cold no matter what direction it's blowing"

Got 4 of the Big Five this past week. That last one is gonna be mission impossible in the next 4 days where my crew is fishin
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

My daughters are grown and out of state so salmon fishing together as a family wont happen again until they return (One married to a soldier and the other is in college) Thankfully I documented with photos all of the salmon fishing we did to together over the last decade.

The program is not just for the current year. I submitted photos from yesteryears family 5salmon catches and recieved a certificate. I applied by email back in May. Took about 3 weeks, and I my entires were accepted. Certifcate is now framed and proudly dispalyed.

So even with the current king salmon situation, or if your family/kids grew up and left the coop, you can still participate in the program. So if you have documented your family fishing with photos, dig them up.... you can still submit an entry.
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Note in the rules it says: There must be at least one person who consistently appears with each of the five salmon species.

Does this mean one person must be in all five photos? That's the way I read it...makes it harder. I've got pics with my kids and all but having a problem finding picks where one family member is in all five species.

I've seen a few photo sets where they had five but different family members.