Thread: found lost gear on Chulitna

Default found lost gear on Chulitna

Rafted the East Fork Chulitna to Princess Lodge on Weds. Had a fantastic trip. Found a really expensive fishing pole in really good shape on the braids. If you lost a really nice pole. Give me the details of what you lost and we can arrange getting it back to you.

Richard

If it was had a $100 bill attached to along with a brand new 50hp jet attached to a 22 foot boat it must be mine!!!!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Outfitters
    Unit 23-Kotz
    Drop Camps & Float Hunts

Floated the East Fork to Honolulu this past Saturday (8/9) and came across a full cooler sitting on a gravel bar in that same section. Food inside just starting to rot. Same event maybe?

Over the 4th of July weekend I saw a Husky Chainsaw on the East Fork sitting on the bank. I was unable to get pulled over as the river was a bit to fast and high.
    Nate

I found lost gear at the Chulitna's Princess Lodge takeout a couple of years ago. Weird! It's like the Bermuda Triangle of lost river gear.

I floated it the last weekend in July and also saw the chainsaw (blade down into a sandbar like someone had placed it there) as well as the cooler and a life vest or bag in various spots near the same section. We weren't able to pull over to any of them but it looked like someone had a bad day. It sounds like that stuff has been there for awhile now, I'm surprised the owners haven't attempted a recovery run.