Thread: Fairbanks to Valdez, Where to stop for fishing break(s)

Default Fairbanks to Valdez, Where to stop for fishing break(s)

Will be heading to/from Fairbanks to Valdez this coming weekend for some Salt Water (Silvers) action in Valdez. This will be my first solo trip driving down (Wife and kiddo staying behind) so I am feeling a bit more freedom in the drive since I can stop and fish streams/rivers/lakes as much as I want on the way down/back without holding up the family. Aside from the Delta Clearwater and Tangle lakes I havn't fished anywhere along that stretch so looking for advice on places that would make a good 1-3 hours stop and pop while driving to Valdez. Don't care about species or size at all more looking for somewhere just to poke my head around and wet a line.

P.S. I don't have a boat or canoe and though I would prefer not to hike too much I don't mind a little "walking" if it is a neat area for exploring.

Delta Junction, AK

Never hurts to stop at the Klutina on the Rich past Glenallen. Went there this weekend but didn't hook up. There were others that did and I saw plenty poke up and look at me. (probably why I didn't catch any.)

Rifle River MI

I sent you a PM about a spot I like to stop at once in a while. You still have to do some research but it ain't tuffffff to getter done. Enjoy!