Thread: Sheep hunting & antioxidants

Default Sheep hunting & antioxidants

Getting ready to take off on a sheep hunt. Someone once told me that vitamin c was found to have benefits after repeated steneous activity. (soreness, recovery) What little research I found was that large doses of antioxitants over time acutually prevented the body from forming its own antioxidants.

Thought maybe of trying an "emergency" packet a day and give it a try.

Anyone tried this out on streneous hunts?

Vitamin b is good for sore muscles and strenuous activities.

Blueberries and lots of water

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23977647

Oh, and 800mg of Ibuprofen at bedtime
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Blueberries and lots of water

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23977647

Oh, and 800mg of Ibuprofen at bedtime

Yes. Motrin...one of my best friends.

Ditto. Blueberries, Motrin at night. I soaked my feet in the creek for a bit too. Nice cold water helped swelling go down then wore nice comfortable croc camp shoes. I never thought I'd own a pair of crocs. Then I went off on a walk in sheep hunt. The rest is history.

Shawn

Interesting info on the blueberries. Don't bounce back like I used to. All about putting the right gas in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by outdsman View Post
    Interesting info on the blueberries. Don't bounce back like I used to. All about putting the right gas in the tank.
    I hear ya. Problem for me is my tank is 54 years old!

We do eat lots of blueberries though. We always have some in the freezer. Picked a bunch earlier this week and the wifey is headed out tomorrow. Alaskan Blueberries are an excellent source of antioxidants, plus they taste good!

I think Bears have it figured out. Salmon, Moose and Blueberries.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I like the emergen-c packets quite well. Taken in the morning for a pick me up. I've also started taking a product called velocity which is super vitamin type diet pill and makes me feel great

Heard from a buddy that a 20 mg Adderall will make you run around the mountains like a rock monkey, and precisely shoot like a professional marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    Heard from a buddy that a 20 mg Adderall will make you run around the mountains like a rock monkey, and precisely shoot like a professional marksman.
    And you'll have plenty of wood for a fire too:

from wiki

Adderall[note 1] is a psychostimulant pharmaceutical drug of the phenethylamine class used in the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. Adderall is also used as a performance and cognitive enhancer, and recreationally as an aphrodisiac and euphoriant. The medication is a mixture of amphetamine stereoisomer salts and inactive ingredients. By salt content, the active ingredients are 75% dextroamphetamine salts (the dextrorotary or "right-handed" enantiomer) and 25% levoamphetamine salts (the levorotary or "left-handed" enantiomer).[note 2][sources 1]
    Adderall works by increasing activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, namely norepinephrine and dopamine, which results from its interactions with trace amine associated receptor 1 (TAAR1) and vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2). Adderall shares many chemical and pharmacological properties with the human trace amine neurotransmitters, especially phenethylamine and N-methylphenethylamine, the latter being an isomer of amphetamine that is produced within the human body.[sources 2]

A trick I picked up from a guy in the Marines is Pedialyte. He took a couple little bottles of it with him on some of our harder training events. Said it replenished electrolytes and fluids better than water or Gatorade. Pedialyte comes in powder form, maybe something to try.