Thread: Big Rig pack raft still avialable?

Default Big Rig pack raft still avialable?

I apologize if this has already been covered. It appears that Pristine Ventures no longer carries the Big Rig pack raft? I believe FeatherCraft made it but I can't find anything about it there either. Are they no longer available and if not, is there a similar model made by someone else? Thanks!

Get a hold of Larry Bartlet, he has the PR -49 and a new version, for larger loads. I have a Big Rig and PR-49 and they have similar capabilities with the main difference being that the PR-49 is not a self bailer, but has a bathtub floor.
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

yeah, we stopped Feathercraft production on the Big Rig and started making the PR-49 with standard floor.

If you want the Big Rig, visit Feathercraft's website and check out the Beast. That's my Big Rig but they renamed it so they could still sell it. Retail Price is about $2150.00, whereas our PR-49 is $1450 with a paddle and all the accessories. The material they make the Beast out of is 210 denier, whereas the PR-49 is 420 denier and 840 denier floor (2X thicker material).

lb

Thanks for the answers! Really appreciate it. I've heard a lot about the PR-49 and the reviews have all been stellar.

I like the standard floor idea for the PR-49. One less thing to go wrong. PR-49, where does the name came from?

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Pack Raft for the 49th state, I reckon.

Of course, that is some pretty low hanging fruit. Thanks.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Packraft Alaskana, yes indeed.