Thread: Tall Tales or Tundra Taxidermy?

Default Tall Tales or Tundra Taxidermy?

I think Iíve narrowed it down to 2 companies Tall Tales Taxidermy and Tundra Taxidermy for my griz rug. Theyíre about the same price $190 per foot and they have a lot of experience with brown bear rugs can anyone give me more insight on these guys?

Thanks

Thumbs down tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie1 View Post
    I think I’ve narrowed it down to 2 companies Tall Tales Taxidermy and Tundra Taxidermy for my griz rug. They’re about the same price $190 per foot and they have a lot of experience with brown bear rugs can anyone give me more insight on these guys?

Thanks
    I couldn't recommend Tale Tales. *Remainder of post deleted in accordance with forum rules. - "We do not permit negative comments about individuals, businesses or organizations. If a question is posted about a business, it is best to respond privately. The issue is one of liability for us. These forums are a public service, and we are unwilling to deal with the potential for litigation that could destroy our business. The easiest answer for us is "no negative comments." If you have had a bad experience, simply indicate that you have had experience with the company in question and invite people to contact you privately." *
    Last edited by Brian M; 06-09-2007 at 08:13. Reason: forum rules
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Default just my thoughts

I had tundra take care of a fox and a wolf that I bought from the Fur Rondy, I think it only took him a month to tan them--as he does it himself. i currently have 3 black bears with him.

Talking Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy

Clint did my 9.5 foot griz a few years back. The first year he did the rugs, he only did a few doezn but the next year, the word got out and he did a couple hundred bear rugs because people liked them so much (or something to that affect). Highly recommended. Tell Clint Kyle says hi!

Default Tundra Taxidermy

Clint did a griz rug for me. Very nice. The felt backing (think his wife sews it) is better looking than those from other taxidermists.

Default Clinr

Take them to Tundra Tanning and Taxidermy...Clint is the freaking man!
    Does his own tanning = MUCH quicker turnarounds
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Thumbs up Clint

he did my rug as weel, very nice and like the others faster turn around..

Thumbs up One for Tall Tales!!

Well, I guess I am the only one that will put in a plug for Yukon over at Tall Tales. I will admit that it took a while to get the hide tanned, but isn't waiting half the fun?? Besides, I am ok waiting a few extra months for a quality mount.

I had Yukon cook up a Open-mouth Black Bear rug for me last year, and I can't imagine that anyone else would have been able to do a better job.

5 star rating.

'Nuff said.

J

Default tundra

they both do GREAT work...Tundra is just faster b/c he tans his own
    Psalm 18:34
    He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

Thumbs up Tall Tales

I'm kind of partial to Tall Tales since I used to work there - all you have to do is go into his house and see his work - enough said. So you have a few extra months to wait, you won't regret it - there is no way he could tan all of his hides himself with the amount of work he takes in. Everything he puts out is flawless. Hell...here's how partial I am to Yukon - I'm sending a whitetail from MN to AK for him to mount because I just don't trust the quality from anyone else.

Default Foster Taxidermy

Dan Foster off of Hyer Loop Rd in Wasilla does excellent work. he has done 3 black bear rugs and a 3/4 mount. All are 1st rate work

Thumbs up Tundra Tanning

Clint has both my bears right know and will get any animal I take while living in AK. He does great work, very fast. It took me long enough to take these animals, the last thing I want to do is wait another year to put it on the wall.

Can anyone post a few pics from Tundra, rugs in particular. I donít think they have a website like Tall Tales. I have not been able to view their work.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie1 View Post
    Can anyone post a few pics from Tundra, rugs in particular. I donít think they have a website like Tall Tales. I have not been able to view their work.

Thanks,
    Online pics don't do much...if you're spending that much coin go see them in person and look at them closely - and ask to see something that is not freshly done so you can see what your mount will look like in a few years - that's the test of a taxidermist that knows what he's doing - making mounts last a long time, not just making them look good to go out the door. (not saying that either of these 2 shops do that - it's just a general good rule of thumb).

been in tundra once and he ripped me on a price for a bag of salt, other tanners have some things to say about how he tans his stuff, one reason it comes out so fast...but those could just be compitition rumors...fosters is great, love their work. Trophy tanning and taxidermy does some awesome work as well, as does Arctic Fox. flip a coin...either way it'll come down.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212