Thread: Hunters Safety Card?

Default Hunters Safety Card?

I was curious if AK was a state that required proof of a Hunters Education Course in order to buy a license? This will be my first trip to AK hunting, and I know some states like CO require the actual HSS number from when a course was passed. This was many years ago, and I do not have any documentation from that class.

I am from PA, and we just have to provide a hunting license from a previous year, and as mentioned I have never hunted in AK.

I know it is possible to access some sort of database to find when I took the class, but didn't know if that was necessary.

No they don't ask... Please do not compare The Great State of Alaska to ****hole Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    No they don't ask... Please do not compare The Great State of Alaska to ****hole Colorado.
    Obviously you don't know the CO. that I know......
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

It isn't required for the hunting license application, however, there are a number of specific hunts/areas that do require you to have hunter education. It is pretty clear if you look through the hunting regulations here (page 13): http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/re...fs/general.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 4merguide View Post
    Obviously you don't know the CO. that I know......
    Oh yeah try 630,000 folks in El Paso county... And another 620,000 in Denver county... If it's so *****ing great down here mr cool why don't you move down here.

You all remember snowwolfe he loved it here so much he unassed this place and moved to Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by anchskier View Post
    ...a number of specific hunts/areas that do require you to have hunter education....
    Yeah. In addition, if you plan to hunt in any primitive weapon hunts you have to have certification in the specific type of arm, whether muzzleloader or archery. Far as I know certification in those disciplines in other states will pass, but it's worth checking up on my "far as I know." I'm not the authority, but the guy checking your license will know.

BTW-

It's a good idea for anyone in AK to pass the AK class and get your card. Lotta other states require them, so if you plan to hunt elsewhere....

Anyhow back on topic if you read the regs it tells you what units require hunter safety. I was told it's required for all of Alaska now. Anyhow if you were born after a certain date, it's required. it will be in the regs.