Thread: Kasilof Kings

Default Kasilof Kings

Me and 3 others spent 6 hours down in tide water on the Kasilof this last Tuesday. I had a king on and lost it after a half a minute. Saw one other landed and no other boats hooked up. The terminal fishery is going on again at the mouth of the river for days as F&G does not want all those reds in the river. Evidently they could care less how many kings the nets are killing. Yet they won't let us guys with a pole use eggs or scent. What the heck. It is the same old crap again. I don't know who came up with the term "sport fishing", I'm not a sports fisherman, I'm a meat eater. It could not be any more unfair. I wish every user group would get a fair shot at our resources. The bigger your net the better shot you get, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    Me and 3 others spent 6 hours down in tide water on the Kasilof this last Tuesday. I had a king on and lost it after a half a minute. Saw one other landed and no other boats hooked up. The terminal fishery is going on again at the mouth of the river for days as F&G does not want all those reds in the river. Evidently they could care less how many kings the nets are killing. Yet they won't let us guys with a pole use eggs or scent. What the heck. It is the same old crap again. I don't know who came up with the term "sport fishing", I'm not a sports fisherman, I'm a meat eater. It could not be any more unfair. I wish every user group would get a fair shot at our resources. The bigger your net the better shot you get, as always.
    If you are a meat eater then catch some reds, dip net, rod and real, or buy them.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    If you are a meat eater then catch some reds, dip net, rod and real, or buy them.
    That's what I was about to say. Go catch some sockeye or coho. Why insist on putting pressure on an already hurting run of king salmon?

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    We should all be more interested and involved in growing the size of the pie, not complaining about how to divide up the current pie. It just makes complete sense, the bigger the size of the pie, the more pie everyone gets.