Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: valdez silvers

Default valdez silvers

any silvers showing up yet around goose.

Bumping this up as it is getting close to August and that mean's trips to Valdez!

Heard of one caught in 6 hours of fishing there. Nothing else.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

any more news from the weekend fisherman on Valdez silvers?

I have not talked with my buddy in Valdez for 4 days, but his last report is no silvers out to the narrows yet. All the fish are still way out- like 40 miles.

Will be back home on Wednesday so will find out.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Fished Thurs, Fri, Sat. Started Thurs out far at Bligh, Reef, and Goose. Nothing at all. Friday and Saturday fished Rocky, Galena, and Potato point. Not one fish. They just are not there yet near or far.

We got down here last night for our annual pilgrimage and one of the locals told me it's very slow and the silvers "just aren't here yet ". Heading out here shortly but doubt i can go 40 miles out in my Wooldridge sport ..report this evening

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Picked up 3 near glacier island yesterday.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

We spent the weekend down there fishing the bay around Allison Point. Nothing but tons of pinks and bears in the area. Also hit the Klutina on the way back and it was SLOW there as well. Needless to say didn't come home with any salmon as I won't allow pinks in my house.

No silvers for us today but tomorrow heading to Bligh where everyone says they are.

Sounds like we'll be going out a ways to find fish for the girls this weekend for their derby. We got spoiled last year with them in close early.

There's a rumor running around that a silver was caught on Alison point a couple days ago. Maybe there was, but it must have been a loaner or he just liked hanging out with pinks. It's all dying pinks right now along Dayville, but even those are not as thick as they have been the last few years.

On a related note, here's a tip on how to come down to Valdez and go out fishing for the bargain price of only $32,900...

Rent a boat at the Valdez harbor for $400. Don't make any effort to learn about the navigation rules for the area. Run south and fish by those really neat tanker berths in front of the oil terminal.

Shortly, you get to try your luck with some kids from the USCG who can award you with a citation for up to $32,500 for entering a Security Zone. Look up 33 CFR 165.1710 and 33 CFR 165.33 for the details of the law. And don't think you can sneak through. It's got to be the most monitored chunk of salt water in all of Alaska with all the cameras and radar that are watching it 24/7. If you've even come close to the area, your boat was filmed. And even if the USCG doesn't come out to meet you in the zone, they may just be waiting for you in the harbor as sometimes they will monitor a boat on camera and follow them all the way back to the port and watch what slip you pull into. The cover of darkness won't help either, if you know what I mean.

Get more details on the navigation rules in the Port of Valdez from the USCG brochure on the area... http://www.valdezfishderbies.com/doc...ty%20Zones.pdf
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Silvers are there, marking lots of them at goose, their just not feeding. water temp is running 55 to 58 degrees about 10 above normal. could be the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by TS View Post
    Silvers are there, marking lots of them at goose, their just not feeding. water temp is running 55 to 58 degrees about 10 above normal. could be the culprit.
    TS, we went down to Bligh and Goose both yesterday and caught one off western side of Bligh. Can you tell me the correct trolling locations for those two areas? I was hitting bottom off the SW side of Goose using dipsy divers in 58 feet of water! I am still learning them so our depths need some practice.!

I don't claim to be the worlds greatest silver fishermen, but I have better luck at 75 or 80 feet down early season and shallower as the season wears on. You will be much more productive with down riggers. Marking a lot around the can at goose.

Hit it today from 10:30 to 5:00. Landed one in 55feet outside of jacks bay. The rest of the day got nothing. Wondering if they are still out farther but didn't want to venture boat to far with the seas forecast. Rainy but not soaking and choppy but in by no means rough or unsettling

Fished Saturday as well again only one in the boat picked up near jacks bay. Great weather and seas so we did head out to bleigh, more boats out there and did see two others pick up fish but none for us. Pretty slow weekend for all but still fun to be on the water in beautiful Valdez

The silver fishing has been poor at best. There have been no new runs of silvers spotted. Silvers have been caught at Alison Point and in the small boat harbor.

It has been very slow, fish seem to be scattered all over the place, from the boat harbor all the way out the arm there are fish, but it is not consistent fishing, catch one fish and then nothing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast