Thread: AK 2014 - Coffman Cove

Default AK 2014 - Coffman Cove

We had an epic trip this year. As always, Mike our host at Coffman Cove Adventures was awesome. The food, boats, and tackle were top notch. AND, the fishing was off the charts for self guided. Well mostly self guided. We went on a charter the first day just to get our bearings again. JJ Charters put us on the fish. Limit of silvers and halibut, with a nice yellow eye for a bonus.

The second day we knocked out a limit of silvers on our own. Day three was a half a limit of silvers and a couple of halibut with our top fish of the trip, a nice 65# fish. We decided to get a little more serious about the white meat on day 4. We got a limit of halibut and each got a nice yellow eye. Nothing special, fish were 15 - 30 lbs with one aggressive little 8 pounder that had eyes bigger than his stomach and swallowed everything so we had to keep him. Day five we tried a new spot and got a limit of halibut from 20 to 35 pounds and got to watch a rodeo as a boat about 50 yards from us got one about 110 - 120. We had one more day to fish but decided we had plenty of meat and needed a day to relax before the long trip back to Texas.

Here are some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Coffman Cove

A few more pics

Default Coffman Cove

Two more pictures.

Headed to Thorne Bay Friday, Are there any chinook in the area?

That is the one thing we didn't try for. But I did see several come in to the dock, including a 45 pounder.

Question

Awesome! I'll be there on Saturday.

Were the silvers still hitting spinners?

We were at Coffman the week of the 4th and had a blast (quite literally a BLAST on the 4th. Alaskans love their fireworks!)

Congrat's on a great trip!
    "Miss Mary"
    Kingfisher 2725, twin Yamaha 150's

Lost Arra, this was a unique trip for me. Catching silvers on spinners in the salt was a first for me in 15 years coming to AK. It was a blast. They were still going strong as far as I know when we left.