Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polaris Big Boss A-arm update out from Polaris

Default Polaris Big Boss A-arm update out from Polaris

Has anybody heard about an update from the factory? I just got an email from HP in Willow saying that an update to the A-arm on the middle axle was available. I wonder if the update is covered under warranty?

Hmmmmm. Very interested in hearing about what this update is about.

Interesting. Does the email have any details?

Sent when I should be doing my chores.

Nope, no details in the message. I'm going to give them a call today and see what the supposed update is.

OK, I got some info on the update from HP in Willow. Apparently there is a new bolt and bushing for the middle axle that Polaris is providing for existing owners in response to the old design breaking. I guess Polaris is confident that this will fix the issue and it is going to be incorporated in all new builds. Not sure of the cost to those who are out of warranty (or if there will even be a cost).

A little more info on this. Polaris has designed new parts but they are not authorizing any repair bulletins to replace the parts. If you want the upgraded parts it will be out of your pocket.

Sounds like we should all stock up on parts, I was told yesterday by a dealer that Polaris was discontinuing the Big boss 6x6. I guess the 800 won't pass the new emissions regs and they did not feel there was enough market to RnD a new engine into the existing chassis.

Interesting on the discontinueing info. While its not impossible to believe, I will believe it when I see it. Ive heard the same about the 800 not meeting Emissions So that sounds accurate rumor wise lol. I don't see why they cant just slap an 850 already created, or 570... tweak some clutching/tuning and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by silvers View Post
    Interesting on the discontinueing info. While its not impossible to believe, I will believe it when I see it. Ive heard the same about the 800 not meeting Emissions So that sounds accurate rumor wise lol. I don't see why they cant just slap an 850 already created, or 570... tweak some clutching/tuning and call it a day.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they do stop making them. Polaris looks at the 6x6 Big Boss as a red headed step child. The dealer told me that Polaris was going to discontinue making them a few years ago but the Alaska dealers howled and got a reprieve for a short while. They don't sell very well anywhere except Alaska and it takes up too much production capacity for the amount they sell. Per the dealer, about 900 are sold in AK each year and that is about 90% of all sold nationwide.

Its such a Dam* fine machine, I cant believe they don't sell more of them. I guess Im just hoping you guys are wrong lol. Time will tell.

Thanks for the info Arctic/sportdrifter

CanAm obviously thinks differently! http://can-am.brp.com/off-road/atv/o...er-6x6-xt.html

Confirmed by Polaris today, the 6x6 is not on the 2015 lineup and there is also a discontinuance going on with the Ranger as well....something about them still being available but not in production?

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Confirmed by Polaris today, the 6x6 is not on the 2015 lineup and there is also a discontinuance going on with the Ranger as well....something about them still being available but not in production?
    Wow. Glad I picked one up this year then. I bet the used market is going to go crazy if this does come to pass.

That can-am is looking better. I guess I'd better start babying my bigboss even more though. Guys, if you drive through water, check your front diffs regularly.

Wow, just checked Polaris site.... No big boss to be found. Guess the rumors were true..... Perhaps they bring it back in 2016? What a bummer......

In order to find any 6x6's on the Polaris web-site, you have to click on "2014" models.

On the flip side, AMDS just got one of the new Can-Am Outlander 6x6's in yesterday (8/4/14). It's a camo XT model sitting in the middle of their showroom floor, right as you walk thru the front door: WOW! (both for the way it looks and the price-tag)
    "Luckily, enforcement reads these forums, and likely will peruse this one...Especially after a link of it is forwarded to them....." - AlaskaHippie.

Has anyone got the fix from HP Polaris yet?

I just installed the New A arm bolt fix from Hatchers pass Polaris today. We'll see How she holds up. They are 48$ a piece. I only changed the center axle bolts so 100 dollars into it.

So....... Its just a new bolt in the same size configuration using all the stock bushings/crush spacers?

From what I've heard 2nd hand is that it's a new sleeve for the bolt and a different bushing. Like I said that's 2nd hand info and I haven't talked to a dealer directly. On a different note the can am 6x6s look pretty sweet! Only issue I saw with them was the radiator looks like it will get clogged similar to the 09-10 big bosses.
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast