Thread: who makes colored shotgun stocks?

Smile who makes colored shotgun stocks?

i'm buying my daughter an 11-87 youth 20 guage and want to find something besides the paramilitary looking black. this is for a little girl and camouflage isn't so important. she'd like something prettier to continue to shoot bunnies and grouse with. i was surprised i couldn't find anything on line with colors. i know i've seen skeet shooters with a variety of patterns for their synthetic stocks. anyone know where something like this might be available? much thanx in advance for any help.

Boyds makes a wide range of replacement rifle and shotgun stocks, including multicolored laminates for Ruger 1022's. You might check with them and see what it would cost to have one made of the same material for your daughter's shotgun. Prices are quite reasonable for everything else, so you might come up with something really distinctive at an affordable price. Idle speculation on my part, but worth a cruise around their site and a contact.

One more source, at least for camo. Bell and Carlson will apply camo patterns to existing stocks. If your daughter doesn't mind one of the camo patterns, I'd bet this service is cheaper than replacements. Who knows, perhaps they would even use their process to apply a custom color if you asked?

My boy and I used Krylon spray can in forest green for his rifle stock. I'm sure you can find a cool color for her. Do it together as a project.

Default krylon it will be

i'm surprised more of this isn't done commercially. it looks like krylon fusion is best for synthetic stocks. i sure appreciate the tip and my daughter and i will have a nice project to do.
    much thanx

Default Colored stock

I can see pink with lavender colored flames...also check with fastsigns...they can make some fun vinyl graphics for stick-on customizations..find a Harley painter with an airbrush and a soft heart for cute little girls....it could be a cottage industry in the making.

Default good call

if i was a better artist (i still draw stick people), i'd start that cottage industry myself. fairbanks can always use a new everything. i'll check the sign shop and with my buddy at d&d custom cycle to see who he knows.
    thanx 257.

Default You're welcome

Now you have to be sure to post a picture when it's complete!

Smile finished colored stock

thanx for the krylon suggestion, we used patriot blue. we also went to "powerhouse signs on van horn and they stenciled a wolf emblem for the stock. when he saw my 10 yr old daughter he said (no charge!). she loves her new gun with her favorite animal on it. she'll be duck hunting on saturday.

Default I like it-

I want a pink one. To go with my cataraft.

heh...
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://www.alaskahuntplanning.com/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Stock

Looks Good! Thanks for the pictures!