Thread: USMC 2 man tent

Default USMC 2 man tent

Is anyone using the surplus Marine Corp. 2 man tents? They are pretty heavy for backpacking but not for one person in a canoe or 4 wheeler. I'm guessing they are pretty tough to stand up to a bunch of young Marines and seem to be pretty reasonable.

Any experience or thoughts??
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Is anyone using the surplus Marine Corp. 2 man tents? They are pretty heavy for backpacking but not for one person in a canoe or 4 wheeler. I'm guessing they are pretty tough to stand up to a bunch of young Marines and seem to be pretty reasonable.

Any experience or thoughts??
    Are you talking about a shelter half (canvas)? Or one if the newer synthetic type tents?

Had enough of shelter halves!!

From the Eureka web site:

The Combat Tent is a two-man, three-season, free-standing, double wall tent. The Combat Tent incorporates a vapor permeable tent body with a waterproof floor and fly, which also provides 20 sq. ft. of vestibule area for gear storage. The Combat Tent has two doors (entrance/exit openings), and using shockcorded poles, requires no special tools for erection and striking. Additionally, the rain fly is adaptable for use independent of the tent body, utilizing the poles and stakes provided.

Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.

Attachment 79844

Didn't get any overwhelming response so I bought one based upon other recommendations. It looks like a very well made tent and would be perfect for one person and lots of gear. It is heavy (around 8 lbs) for one person to back pack but on a 4 wheeler or canoe it's a fine tent. Bear season is a month away and I'll give it a try then but it looks like a great little tent...wish the fly was a little longer but maybe that's meant to be that way for venting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
    Attachment 79844

Didn't get any overwhelming response so I bought one based upon other recommendations. It looks like a very well made tent and would be perfect for one person and lots of gear. It is heavy (around 8 lbs) for one person to back pack but on a 4 wheeler or canoe it's a fine tent. Bear season is a month away and I'll give it a try then but it looks like a great little tent...wish the fly was a little longer but maybe that's meant to be that way for venting.
    i got some feedback from my cousin yesterday. He
    said they were heavy but tough. Didn't leak. I just bought one if the ILBE packs for hunting. It's heavy as well but tough and it'll basically stay in my canoe.

After 3 cold weather trips I can recommend one of these without hesitation! Dry and warm and once you put it up a couple times it's easy. Worthwhile investment as long as you don't need to carry it.