Thread: Accident Sterling and Seward Highways

Exclamation Accident Sterling and Seward Highways

Take your time and be safe getting home...

What accident? I came through around two pm and it was stop and go from Quartz Creek to the Seward turnoff. No accident, just a lot of traffic.
    There was a cop directing cars through the turn which was a pleasant surprise.

sent from my igloo

Millions and MILLIONS of humans, all hell'bent on having a genuine Alaska Wilderness Experience, and getting away to a place they can be packed bumper to bumper with other humans. Sounds like fun........ "NOT"

Salmon is gold!!!!!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

I am not seeing anything in photos unusual. what happened

It was a HORRIBLE accident!!!

It seems 24,835 dipnetters where turning the mouth of the Kenai into Fairview South, all was going well, until someone began the rumor that Bird Creek was open to dipnetting and FULL of feesh. The resulting stampede of Los Anchorage folks, trying to turn left at the only intersection for almost a hundred miles, without the assistance of a stoplight or roundabout to instruct them how to drive resulted in chaos.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

I came through Sunday at 9pm through the junction. Not a single vehicle. In fact I can't recall turning my cruise control off for a slow vehicle. I think everyone wanted to beat the late rush...and fortunately for me everyone succeeded!!!

AlaskaKayakFisher.com
    Guidesak.blogspot.com
    My personal pages...I'm not a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    I am not seeing anything in photos unusual. what happened
    Those photos are automatically generated web cam shots and are showing the latest images, so obviously the event is over. The screen shot came from Alaska DOT 511.

I posted the event in case somebody that Sunday was hurrying to get home and had Tapatalk push notifications on their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8fl View Post
    Those photos are automatically generated web cam shots and are showing the latest images, so obviously the event is over. The screen shot came from Alaska DOT 511.

I posted the event in case somebody that Sunday was hurrying to get home and had Tapatalk push notifications on their phone.
    I came through the area at 4-5 PM on my way back from Hope on Sunday - traffic was heavy and steady but no major backup until Big John's outside Soldotna. A car was in the ditch and traffic was backed up to FRED MYER. Police were on the scene and I assume they cleared it fairly fast.