Thread: They're back!

Default They're back!

A fun trailer from video I shot TODAY at the Homer Fishing Hole. Looks like all the angst, dredging, and stocking worked....

Well, that's pretty cool..short, sweet and delivered the message. Thanks!

When we were there over 4th of July weekend, there were alot of silvers mixed in with the jacks and kings. I caught a few. Early Mornings were prime. Kings were hitting for nothing though there were some very very nice kings in there. The silvers would schoolmate with the jacks and they would circle thru the north side of the hole over had over. If you had the right lure they would follow it to the bank and if you were lucky, one would strike.

Release Lake Trout

Watched a tourist battle a snagged in the back 30# for 30 minutes or so and when he finally landed it drug it up 40 ft up the bank, let it flop around on the rocks till he ripped the hook out, then picked it up and held it up for his wife to take a pic ( all the while I'm cussing him) then finally heave it back into the water...... Some people..... A gent had his iPhone out recording the whole deal and I believe he was later ticketed by ASWT

Release Lake Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt&FishAK View Post
    Watched a tourist battle a snagged in the back 30# for 30 minutes or so and when he finally landed it drug it up 40 ft up the bank, let it flop around on the rocks till he ripped the hook out, then picked it up and held it up for his wife to take a pic ( all the while I'm cussing him) then finally heave it back into the water...... Some people..... A gent had his iPhone out recording the whole deal and I believe he was later ticketed by ASWT
    I think its legal to snag in salt? At least in Seward it is and used to be in Homer.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    I think its legal to snag in salt? At least in Seward it is and used to be in Homer.
    the fishing hole has special rules, only opens to snagging at some point at the end of the season to clear it out
    hook, line, sinker, done.

Quote Originally Posted by fishak View Post
    the fishing hole has special rules, only opens to snagging at some point at the end of the season to clear it out
    Thanks for the info!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author