Thread: Charter out of juneau

Default Charter out of juneau

I have a few friends coming in to town for a while and im not going to have as much time to take them out on the boat as they would like. I was wondering which charters people have used out of juneau and were happy with there trip.

What do you want to fish for, and is your group experienced enough that they want to do things themselves, or does anyone need to be babied?

I ask because I could recommend at least 4 or 5 boats in Juneau (yes, I'm one of them) but we've all got our specialty, and I don't want to hook you up with a "tourist trip" unless that's what you want...

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im not sure of there skill level for fishing up here but they are in Juneau for a month and they know the basics of fishing and they do alot of fishing down in the keys of fla and off of the gulf stream. They are out for halibut and salmon.

Okay, so they're NOT looking for a "candy coated 4-hour tourist trip".... that eliminates about 80% of the fleet! ;-)

With all that in mind, I'd suggest (in no particular order): Hi-Time, Alaskan Marine Adventures or the Beartrack. I won't comment on the pros & cons of any one in particular since I AM one of the 3 mentioned, but all of us consistently pull fish and have been at it longer than most.

For halibut, I'd guess you'll be looking at a full day charter. I'd recommend the same for salmon, as the rod hours for Kings are still up in the 20's.

Happy Fishing!
    -Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thanks for the information they will appreciate it for sure