Thread: Sling - strap attachment points

Default Sling - strap attachment points

A friend of mine has a Savage Striker that he wants to use for hunting. He was going to go to a gunsmith to have a strap attached, but I told him that there are probably OTC kits available for that purpose.

I don't know what the gun looks like, but I'd assume it could be accomplished with either a post and swivel set, or, some type of barrel clamp.... anyone?

Uncle Mikes makes a bunch of front stud bases that clamp on the barrel. They're sold based on the diameter of the barrel. Easy to use, and definitely don't require a gunsmith. Scrwe-in rear studs are sold separately and sometimes with the clamp on models. That woud require he drill a hole in the grip, but that's not a big deal either.

I have used them for years on Contenders and assume they'll work on the Savage too, but I haven't tried it.

Right on Brown... that's what I figured too. I've actually seen the whole contraption for the Contenders sold in a single package... post, swivel, strap, and clamp. That's why I figured there'd be something comparable out there.

Default Sling Mount

I have a Savage Striker in 308. The front stud is one that works with my bi-pod and the rear one is in the base of the hand grip. The system has worked well for me. In my opion if you have the basic knowledge on drilling holes in the correct locations there is no reason that you can not install the stud mounts yuor self.

Excellent Bearcat... this is what I was looking for. I'll share these posts with my friend. While I've never seen this model, I knew he wouldn't need a smith based on his vague discription.