Thread: wanted FOXPRO programing expert......Anchorage area.

Default wanted FOXPRO programing expert......Anchorage area.

If your response to this is, "It's easy, you can do it yourself".............then you are not helping.

I have a FoxPro "Shockwave" that came with 100 preloaded calls. Many of which I have no use for. The "Shockwave" holds up to 1,000 different calls.

I want to delete those calls that I will never use in Alaska. I want to add all calls that I might use in Alaska. And I what to learn how to operate the remote control.

I don't want to do it............Period. I want someone else to do it. I want to take it to someplace in Anchorage that has knowledgeable personal (Like a retail store).

Does FOXPRO ever have seminars in Alaska, Do any of the retailers have seminars.....???

Or best would be if I could find someone like forum member "SNOWCAMOMAN" in the Anchorage area.

It is worth paying cash for this help.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

UPDATE: I had hopes that there was a memory card I could send to FOXPRO, but it is hardwired memory.

Today at 11:59 AM
    The Shockwave has hard-wired internal memory that cannot be removed. It must be connected to a computer in order to reprogram the sounds. There is no other method to get new sounds in there from home. If you are not able to do it, another possible solution would be to send it in to the factory and we can do it for you here.

Regards,

-- FOXPRO Inc. Technical Support Team

Would it be possible for the information to be loaded on a disk.......???

I would think there is a market for this service. I don't need the mating call of the horny over'sexed armadillo.

What I would like is all possible calls for bears in one section. All possible calls for Lynx/coyote/fox in one section. All possible calls for wolves in one section. (Even if some are the SAME exact call in each section). With 1,000 slots and only about a dozen animals I hunt in Alaska, it should be doable.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Don't take it to a retail store...you'd get the same service as taking it to a corner gas station. There are a few folks around these forums with a lot of FoxPro experience.

AGL, What calls do you specifically need? I had to download some calls onto my Foxpro Spitfire. But, to be completely honest, the calls I use on mine (95% of the time) were calls that were already programmed into the machine. If you got some wounded rabbit and bird calls, along with some coyote calls, you most likely will be good to go. I suppose if you are going to try to call in some bears, you might want to download a fawn deer bleat call (which sounds almost identical to a moose calf in my opinion). Try going to fox pro and watch some tutorials on youtube. That is how I figured out how to download new sounds.

Which begs the question........Why do they have room for 1,000 different calls......??? Marketing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    AGL, What calls do you specifically need? I had to download some calls onto my Foxpro Spitfire. But, to be completely honest, the calls I use on mine (95% of the time) were calls that were already programmed into the machine..

I don't know what I need which is a large part of the problem.

I think there would be a market (I would pay $50.00 and feel I got a fair deal) for someone with extensive Alaska e-caller experience to offer a "SPECIFIC for ALASKA" CD with a layout for DUMMIES and beginner FoxPro users.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    AGL, What calls do you specifically need?

Call them up and ask.That's what's nice buying American. They have great Customer service.

This is an 'interesting' topic as I also need to 'delete' a couple calls from my Shock Wave. I hope to have it along while hunting this fall and need to remove the 'moose' calls on it, being the 'electronic calls for moose' are not allowed. I do hope to get a few fox and a coyote or two.

Hi guys,
    It's a real bummer that I don't live down in the Anchorage area, or I'd meet you with my laptop and get you all dialed in. It's almost too much to try and type out, so I won't attempt it. If you know anyone coming up to Fairbanks, you could have them bring it with them and I could do it for you. The new TX1000 remote took me a little tinkering around, but I have it pretty well dialed in for programming and using all of the features. Maybe I should find a way to do a "FoxPro" or eCall seminar somewhere down there in the Anchorage area. There are enough guys using them, that the information might be useful. PM me if you need to chat about it more and maybe we can come up with something to get you all dialed in.

Thanks, for the reply. FoxPro has informed me they will make a CD for me that can be loaded on to the e-caller via the computer. But I have to pick the calls, which is what I need help with.
    What is needed in my opinion is for "YOU" or someone like you with extensive "ALASKA" e-calling experience to offer a CD based on your research.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    Hi guys,
    It's a real bummer that I don't live down in the Anchorage area, or I'd meet you with my laptop and get you all dialed in. It's almost too much to try and type out, so I won't attempt it. If you know anyone coming up to Fairbanks, you could have them bring it with them and I could do it for you. The new TX1000 remote took me a little tinkering around, but I have it pretty well dialed in for programming and using all of the features. Maybe I should find a way to do a "FoxPro" or eCall seminar somewhere down there in the Anchorage area. There are enough guys using them, that the information might be useful. PM me if you need to chat about it more and maybe we can come up with something to get you all dialed in.

AGL4now,
    That's good FoxPro is getting you the CD...they're usually more than willing to try and make it right for their customers.

As far as what sounds to use...that's a real tough one. I have never called bear, but my list of sounds would have a variety of deer fawn distress sounds, bear sounds, moose calf...etc. The sounds I have on my callers are mixes from FoxPro, Johnny Stewart, Byron South, Wildlife Tech, Minaska, and some that I've made myself. Actually putting out a CD with the sounds on it, would be a copyright nightmare and result in a bunch of lawyers. I will say though, that for 90% of Alaska, about 15 to 20 sounds total would cover most everything. Here's a very simple breakdown.

To call Fox Use any of the following (Higher pitched preferable)
    Cottontail
    Snowshoe Hare
    Jackrabbit
    Mouse/Vole Distress
    Bird Distress sounds

Lynx
    Almost any rabbit distress...the busier and more distressed the better (Snowshoe, Cottontail, Jackrabbit)
    Busy sounding bird distress (FoxPro Lucky Bird, Woodpeckers)

Coyote
    Female Coyote howls
    Coyote Pup Distress
    Snowshoe Hare
    Cottontail

Wolf
    Wolf Howls for locating
    Coyote Howls/barks
    Snowshoe hare
    Moose calf Distress

Bear
    Bear cub distress
    Bear fighting
    Deer fawn distress (any...many sound identical)
    Lamb Distress
    Goat Distress
    Moose Calf Distress

Moose
    Moose Cow Mating Call
    Moose rattling

Hey Guys -

I'm happy to hook your FOXPROs up and get them situated with the calls you want.

Feel free to PM me. I sent you a message a couple days ago, AGL4NOW, not sure if you got it.