Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Get the Duck dog ready for Sept

  1. #1
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default Get the Duck dog ready for Sept

    www.alaskaworkingretrieverclub.com

    Just a note regarding our upcoming hunt test August 15-17th at Point Mac. The Alaska Working Retriever Club is having its Summers End Hunt Test for all retrievers. Three different levels to enter in, from Junior to Master dogs. Each event the dog will have a live mallard flyer shot for retrieve, plus other fresh shot birds thrown for them. The chalange for the dogs will vary from level to level, to very simple direct retrieves to multipale blind retireves with a triple mark thrown in. They are a lot of fun, your dogs gets warmed up for hunting season, Junior level generally is a test of natural ability, bird does have to be delivered to hand, Senior and Master level require blind retrieves (handling) and mulitpale marks. If you have never done this before, or have questions, feel free to give me a call. Click on the above link to our website and you can get more information under Hunt Test or Events tab. Bud 240 4090
    Wasilla

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Man this sounds like a fun time I would just take the pup out to watch and learn some new things.

  3. #3
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr hunter View Post
    Man this sounds like a fun time I would just take the pup out to watch and learn some new things.
    if you pup is over 6 months old, he is eligable to run. discounted rates for juniors. give me a call if interested. Bud
    Wasilla

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    if you pup is over 6 months old, he is eligable to run. discounted rates for juniors. give me a call if interested. Bud
    No I wish she just turned five months today and I believe I have to work those days so I might not be able to go at all.

    Tanner

  5. #5
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr hunter View Post
    No I wish she just turned five months today and I believe I have to work those days so I might not be able to go at all.

    Tanner
    Tanner, contact me prior to the junior test on Saturday, I will be judging the junior test, and if your dog is up to it, we can use your dog as a test dog for the first junior test. He will get a bird shot for him and another bird thrown, for him to retrieve, to show others what the test is like. Let me know if interested. Bud
    Wasilla

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    Tanner, contact me prior to the junior test on Saturday, I will be judging the junior test, and if your dog is up to it, we can use your dog as a test dog for the first junior test. He will get a bird shot for him and another bird thrown, for him to retrieve, to show others what the test is like. Let me know if interested. Bud

    If I am off that you bet I would love to see how she reacts to live birds I haven't gotton her on any of them.
    Tanner

  7. #7
    Member akblackdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    www.alaskaworkingretrieverclub.com

    Just a note regarding our upcoming hunt test August 15-17th at Point Mac. The Alaska Working Retriever Club is having its Summers End Hunt Test for all retrievers. Three different levels to enter in, from Junior to Master dogs. Each event the dog will have a live mallard flyer shot for retrieve, plus other fresh shot birds thrown for them. The chalange for the dogs will vary from level to level, to very simple direct retrieves to multipale blind retireves with a triple mark thrown in. They are a lot of fun, your dogs gets warmed up for hunting season, Junior level generally is a test of natural ability, bird does have to be delivered to hand, Senior and Master level require blind retrieves (handling) and mulitpale marks. If you have never done this before, or have questions, feel free to give me a call. Click on the above link to our website and you can get more information under Hunt Test or Events tab. Bud 240 4090
    Entry deadline is 8:59 pm August 1st. Must go to www.entryexpress.com to enter online.
    Wasilla

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •