Thread: Has anybody gone out in a Glacier Craft 18' Ocean or River Skiff or 22' Ocean Skiff??

Default Has anybody gone out in a Glacier Craft 18' Ocean or River Skiff or 22' Ocean Skiff??

I'm looking to go with either an 18' Ocean Skiff or River Skiff with a 50hp etec for good days on the inlet, PWS (main bay, shrimping, camping...), and trolling close out of Valdez and Seward. The only reason I'm really thinking about the 18' is the ability to fish the Kenai for trout and salmon. The 22' would obviously only be for the ocean. It's considerably more money but it's quite a bit bigger, safer, and I can get a bimini top for it.

Has anybody been out in rougher water with any of these boats?? How does the River Skiff handle the rougher waters? This model interests me the most because it has a tunnel and looks like it would handle the rougher waters. Thanks.

how many years from now are you planning on going fishing ?? You need to do some research with some GC owners to get the straight scoop on delivery times of those rigs.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Quote Originally Posted by potbuilder View Post
    how many years from now are you planning on going fishing ?? You need to do some research with some GC owners to get the straight scoop on delivery times of those rigs.
    what he said.

If the boat is already built and waiting for a buyer.....? If you have to put money down or money up front on a promise to build date i would check references.

must of not liked what he saw for replies ???

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692

I haven't deposited any money but was just wondering how the boat performed. Thanks for the heads up on the wait times. I appreciate it. (I just got back in town.)

In the words of Elmer Fudd "be verry verry carrrefulll". Reach out to other GC owners on here before you write or sign anything.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    907 775 1692