Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets have some ACTUAL Reports - PLEASE

Default Lets have some ACTUAL Reports - PLEASE

For Once - i want to read about what you caught and where you caught it instead of topics that seem to have been thought up while sitting around in your easy chair after a few beers...

Deshka?

Homer?

Kenai?

Copper?

Whereever!

Please...Destroy workplace productivity by giving us something we want to read

Default Homer

Here's one from Homer, fished Wed off the Bluffs in 100 ft. Fishing slow and only caught chickens. Largest 20 lbs However we got out and spent the morning Fishing and had fresh grilled Halibut for supper. The sun even peeked out for a couple of minutes.
    Water has been bumpy and windy for past week here in Kachemak Bay.

Default Homer Halibut Fishing HOT

We Just got back from Homer. We fished sat sun & mon . We fished out by Flat island. 6 people we limited out in 2 to 3 hours. we threw back a lot of chickens and only kept fish over 25 lbs. No really big ones, the largest was 42lbs. During slack water the fishing was hot and heavy. The bay was a little bumpy but as we got out into the inlet it was flat calm.

We had about the same luck out of Homer last week. Lotta fish, nothing huge. Had a good one (probably 60ish) to the boat and lost it. Other than that, 15-40 lbs.

Little Su; ACTUALly ain't caught SQUAT! Trying again tomorrow. Ninth time's the charm, right?

Default Excellent!

Bout time we had some actual reports here! Thanks Guys

My report from last weekend...we ran out past Compass Rose, banged a bunch in the 20 range, nothing big at all, water was flat dead calm beautiful. A few Grey cod were there too

We then ran up over to Pogi, and then Hali Cove lagoon to look for kings....didnt see a single one, nor any hookups.

Back to Port for Miller Time

Default reports

Fished the Anchor and Homer Lagoon (ocean side) last weekend.

Anchor was sporadically good at the "witching hour" only, which was about 4:30 - 6:00. First day, fish everywhere (as usual for Sat. AM), whereas Sunday/Monday the only real action was in the tidal zone-it didn't seem like anything was moving up past the Slide Hole, although I'm sure a few trickled thru. One guy picked up a legitimate 35 lbr-nice fish for here. Didn't have any luck in the PM on any day, although we didn't try much.

We got 2 out of Homer on the incoming tide, with the hot time being from 2 to 1 hour prior to high tide-at least as advertised in the book I had (which sometimes seem to be off a little.......). From the gossip, it sounds like this was the best day so far this year, so it should be only getting better. Herring and bobber, and please everyone who has the urge to wade out in the ocean, get back to shore and let the fish come to you! Keeps the lines coordinated too.

Had a friend at the Kasilof this week and it sounded SLOW, and a total cluster with all the boats. No thanks.

Default Save That Cod

Cutter , I hope you saved the cod. I fillet them out, cut them up into chunks and dump a little herring oil on them. The halibut can not resist, they will go for the cod before the herring every time. The cod stays on the hook a lot better as we could us the same bait over and over.

Anybody been the Clear creek recently? Just would like to know how the fish are movin

caught butts in homer and bows in the russian
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Deshka was absolutely lousy from 5am-1pm. We saw 3 fish caught and 2 hanging from a boat on the way out. We will try again tomorrow.

Default Kenai/russian

Kenai is great right below the ferry, reds EVERYWHERE. Comin' up the Russian too.

~Jon

Default Lake Lorraine

We had a great time for a few days with our kids at the lake, Camping, fishing, nature watching and playing in the canoes.
    There are supposed to be big trout in the lake but we caught only 10 inchers and smaller.

Regards,

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

was in Homer all week with 2 out of state friends, and had a GREAT week - 4 big kings, limited on 25# 'butts 3 days, got a bunch of black rockfish, floated the Kasilof and got a couple of kings (released due to hatchery/natural rule), and floated the upper Kenai for rainbows. Poor guys will never be able to fish for walleyes again!! LOL
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Default Ship Creek

Was a blast last week. First time i have ever caught fish there, and i been fishing there for years. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I limited out 1 hour after high tide. And first time i ever caught that many kings. Ive only caught one king since I moved here back in 91. I was however using my boat and sitting on top of them, catching them right beside the boat. I had a blast. Might go back and catch my lastone there. Dont know yet. Now I wish I had an ocean boat. I'd like to go for halibut. oh well. Thats my report. Good luck and be safe.

Default Fishing Report Little Su

I post my daily catches and if I am not fishing post the catches of other guides on the link below. I also visit with and post reports from guides, the landing and lodges regarding the Deshka and Lake Creek. Fishing has been good, caught 3 fish in 2 hours today.

akgiauque

http://www.alaskasusitnacharters.com/fishjojune.html
    Last edited by akgiauque; 06-17-2007 at 14:31. Reason: forgot a link

Fished the Klutina all weekend with friends. Campgrounds by the bridge. Lotta people and lotta fish. Looked like everyone was catching their reds.

Boat in dry dock this weekend! Motor issues. Sucks! No report. What makes it worst was the breaker blew on my freezer, so what little fish I had is now bear bait!

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

We fished Finger Lake yesterday. Used a wedding ring with a Night crawler. 23 inch. Rainbow, 2> 16 inch bow, one 13 Char, threw back 3 small ones. Lead core line, 3/12 colors out and a Penn trolling reel. No stress ala Deshka and the Trout are smoking up right now. Tight lines.

Default Deshka Saturday 6/16

Weather sure wasd Hot, fish were around but not too interested in much. We fished above the mouth. Boated one King - Chromer, and lost others. Only thing that was working was hardward. Warts, and Vibrax - thats about it.

Water is lower that i ever have seen it, fish were holding in any deep spot they could find and in the shade.

was in sitka on friday and saturday--caught a 32" lingcod on the last legal day--along with a 20 & 33# king and 5 cohos. Lots of yelloweye too. NO halibut though. rough weather out where the butts were.
    Going to Homer for the 1st time next week.
    shawn
    www.fishtacochronicles.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast