Thread: mesh bags instead of tent stakes

Default mesh bags instead of tent stakes

Does anyone take mesh bags to put rocks in to use as tent stakes? If so, what kind of lightweight bags do you use and where can I get some?

I do plan on taking stakes too. I'll be in the brooks.

Exactly, I used them in the Brooks last August for a float hunt & they worked fine for the sl5 & hille.

If you order from Campmor a lot & don't want to use your laundry bags that have them in multiple sizes, called a Heavy Duty Dunk & stuff bag.
    They come in black & dark blue & are tough to tear up.

I use potato and onion sacks. I was buying the veggies anyway and the mesh bags serve the purpose well enough. Load 'em up with rocks or gravel when you get there. If the wind is howling you can bury them for a more secure hold.

Quote Originally Posted by AKMarmot View Post
    Exactly, I used them in the Brooks last August for a float hunt & they worked fine for the sl5 & hille.

If you order from Campmor a lot & don't want to use your laundry bags that have them in multiple sizes, called a Heavy Duty Dunk & stuff bag.
    They come in black & dark blue & are tough to tear up.

Can't beat them. Been using the same ones for years. Worth their weight in gold on NW Alaska floats.

Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.