Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Offshore 26

Default New Offshore 26

After much inner debate with myself, I decided to abandon my 28' Glasply project and go with a new boat. I pretty much knew I wanted a Duckworth or a Bayweld. A bayweld was my first choice, but unfortunately for what I wanted, it was just out of reach financially. I zeroed in on Duckworth. I had originally planned on the 28' Offshore, and had the finances in order for one with twin yamaha 200's. I stopped into Deweys to talk order the boat and noticed they had a 26' sitting there. We climbed aboard and checked it out. My wife and I discussed it and decided that the 26 had everything we wanted, was still big enough, and was going to be cheaper than the 28'. I pulled the trigger on the boat and I hope to break her in, just in time for the silver salmon derby. I sold my hewescraft ocean pro, which was bittersweet. I couldn't be happier right now.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Congrats on the new boat, Duckworth makes a great product. Good luck getting the decks bloody!

Quote Originally Posted by hoose35 View Post
    After much inner debate with myself, I decided to abandon my 28' Glasply project and go with a new boat.
    Yeah, its a ton of work redoing a 30 year old boat, share some pics of the new Duck..
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Pictures, or it never happened!

haha.

Seriously, great choice. Would love to pick up exactly what you just bought. Great boats. What is it powered with?

Twin Yamaha 150

After much inner debate with myself, I decided to abandon my 28' Glasply project and go with a new boat. My wife and I discussed it and decided that...
    I have been holding on to my Uniflite to use as leverage as well. Sometimes the much more "painful" aspect of buying a new boat (read $$$) is diminished when faced with the daunting long term rebuild process.

A 28' Glasply will ride better than a 26' Duckworth in the snotty stuff (but not by that much), but you will already be halfway back to Soldotna (on the highway no less) by the time the weather picks up, that Duckworth probably has a 15 knot faster cruise speed than the Glasply would have, and maybe 2x the top speed.

Dewey's does a great job of outfitting their 26' and up boats. I may have seen your boat if it was at the Northway Mall at their spring show, its a beauty!

Sobie2

Beautiful boat and congrats. Hope to see you out on the water.

Congrats. I sat on that boat last week when visiting Deweys for parts.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Congrats on the purchase! Duckworth builds a very nice boat.

Congrats on the new boat. Hpe to see ya out there one weekend. Duckworths are very nice looking boats.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

If I were going to buy a new boat, it'd probably be the Duckworth 26 or 28' offshore. Nice!

Beautiful boat. Congrats!

Congrats and welcome to the Duckworth family! We have a 28 Offshore and love it! Just spent 5 days in the sound with a stop over in Cordova to visit our kid. They are great boats, have fun and see ya out there!

I picked up the boat Saturday, put it in the water Sunday to break the engines in. Fuel burn and speed were as advertised. 4000rpm-27 mph @ 12.1 gph WOT 5900 rpm 43mph @ 30gph. It's a very nice ride. May need to move the transducer a little, I don't like the spray it put on the motors. I tilted it and got it to quit spraying, but then it wouldn't read bottom. This is my first boat with radar and I like that feature, it should make driving in the fog less stressful. I'm back to work for a couple weeks, then we will be in Seward for the derby

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I picked up the boat Saturday, put it in the water Sunday to break the engines in. Fuel burn and speed were as advertised. 4000rpm-27 mph @ 12.1 gph WOT 5900 rpm 43mph @ 30gph. It's a very nice ride. May need to move the transducer a little, I don't like the spray it put on the motors. I tilted it and got it to quit spraying, but then it wouldn't read bottom. This is my first boat with radar and I like that feature, it should make driving in the fog less stressful. I'm back to work for a couple weeks, then we will be in Seward for the derby
    Hey Hoose, we saw you picking up the boat Saturday. My buddy was drooling all over himself looking at your boat, that is one good looking rig!!

Great Falls Montana and Coffman Cove Alaska

When you ran your fuel test how many people did you have in your boat? Also how about fuel quantity and gear? A friend and I have a 26 offshore powered by twin 150 mercury four strokes. When I have four people on board, a full fuel tank and assorted gear I am burning 14 to 14.4 GPH @4000 rpms. I am thinking I may not be propped correctly. Hope you like your Duckworth as much as we like ours!

Those numbers were with a full tank, no gear, and two people on board. During the derby, with 5 people on board, full fuel, some gear, food, ice, 50+ lbs of fishing tackle. I was at 13 gps at 4000rpm. Still able to hit 5900 rpm, i would say I am propped right.

Great Falls Montana and Coffman Cove Alaska

What props are you running?

I will check when I get home tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast