Thread: Seats

Default Seats

I've just about resigned myself to stop lusting after the newer nicer boats and just do what I can to make the one I have more comforatable. What I'm thinking about now is seating. As I get older, I'm finding the spine jarring trips into chop are becoming more and more painful. Time to manage that. My boat is a 22' Searunner with a hardtop.

Here are some options I've found:

Suspension Tractor seats at $117 to $230 don't have the marine price, price tag, or color but look pretty practical

http://www.tractorpartsinc.com/unive..._1111_ctg.htmm

Smooth ride comes in at $270
    http://www.smoothmovesseats.com/prod...ves-classic/ml

Then Attwood has a 3" travel seat that claims a force of 4G's can be applied and it won't bottom out or transfer force to the driver. $225- 370

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/aergo

Then if you want a more expensive truck style and have $867-1250 to spend there is

http://www.go2marine.com/product/973...e-seating.html

Any input would be appreciated.

I have this Attwood seat: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...ntric-SAS-Seat on my Harvey dory, which before I got this seat, was akin to spending way too much time with a bad chiropractor if the water was rough. It is comfortable and has never bottomed out on me. Might be worth a look.

you cant go wrong with the Bentleys $$$$ yes, happy back yes, smooth in almost all conditions yes. Oh ya happy wife YES!!!
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

If anyone is looking for seat pedestals i have 2 of these new in box. PM me for info.
    20140428_171133[1].jpg

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I ad the tractor seat in an Alumaweld 20' for the wife due to bad back issues, and the suspension was great and fun to ride in. The only thing she didn't like was that the seat did not swivel. To make it swivel I would of had to do cutting of the aluminum base to match the height of the original seat, which I did not do. I had to sell the boat to buy a house...but yeah, to save money the tractor seats work just fine.

I bought the Smooth Move seat bases for my Hewes and they are great. I got mine on Amazon with free shipping. They aren't always in stock, but worth checking into.
    27' Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore Pilothouse PRIME TIME!
    Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle Pro Staff
    Heavy Hitter Fishing Crew
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I bought the Smooth Move seat bases for my Hewes and they are great. I got mine on Amazon with free shipping. They aren't always in stock, but worth checking into.
    I'm a fat boy and am curious how well the Smooth Move seats hold up for us larger folks?

I've had soem big guys in the boat and they held up just fine. It has a good amount of adjustability to change up for different size fisher people. We are very happy with them. I even used my original swivel bases underneath. If you are in Seward this weekend, you are more than welcome to check them out. Slip B-8 until Sunday then we are bringing the boat back home to Eagle River.

Rob
    Last edited by Rob B; 07-15-2014 at 15:52. Reason: added more.
    MMSI# 338232859

Default Seat Height

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    I've had soem big guys in the boat and they held up just fine. It has a good amount of adjustability to change up for different size fisher people. We are very happy with them. I even used my original swivel bases underneath. If you are in Seward this weekend, you are more than welcome to check them out. Slip B-8 until Sunday then we are bringing the boat back home to Eagle River.

Rob
    I appreciate the invitation to come have a look but I'll be over at Bing's Landing this weekend. However, you did answer another question I had on my mind about putting those seats on the swivel bases I have now. Also, how much did that raise the overall seat height? Did you have to use a shorter box under the seat or is it really a non-issue?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Boater View Post
    I appreciate the invitation to come have a look but I'll be over at Bing's Landing this weekend. However, you did answer another question I had on my mind about putting those seats on the swivel bases I have now. Also, how much did that raise the overall seat height? Did you have to use a shorter box under the seat or is it really a non-issue?

Thanks,

I have a Hewescraft witht he flip up seat boxes. Once I mounted the swivel bases onto the Smooth Moves, it raised it up about 3 inches too much. So I cut my boxes down 3" and it works just right. A jig saw worked great and i just re-rivited the box lids on top.
    MMSI# 338232859

Quote Originally Posted by Garyak View Post
    I have this Attwood seat: http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/p...ntric-SAS-Seat on my Harvey dory, which before I got this seat, was akin to spending way too much time with a bad chiropractor if the water was rough. It is comfortable and has never bottomed out on me. Might be worth a look.
    I like the looks of that seat. I may put this in the Sea Sport this winter.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am