Thread: Main Bay Coho?

Default Main Bay Coho?

Any updates on Silvers in the Main Bay area? I'll be taking my brother and sister-in-law out on PWS on Saturday and it would be great to get into some fish. Thanks!
    "Miss Mary"
    Kingfisher 2725, twin Yamaha 150's

Bump back to the top as I am curious as well.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I have not heard about coho at Main Bay, but we are heading down there in a few days to look for reds.

On another thread, with Main Bay in the header, someone caught 2 coho and a king 6 day ago in Main Bay. I will be headed there this week or this weekend. Reports to follow.

As long as the weather is good I will be out Thursday to Monday. Have to find a Ling but after that will be looking for a salmon.

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

I will be heading out to the Main Bay area tomorrow and will report back in what I find. I see that the commercial opener for gillnets closes this afternoon. Anyone have any idea whether or not we're likely to find many Reds in the bay tomorrow?
    "Miss Mary"

Was in Main Bay two weeks ago, July 2nd, and there were lots of reds in there then.

As of Sunday there wasn't too many reds left. My buddy needed up with 6 fish between 3 people in 4 hours. So pretty slow fishing. I would say the reds are about done. As for silvers, I'll be down on Saturday but not going to main bay. I will report back on the fishing. Have fun everyone!!!

I checked out Main Bay yesterday and agree with ak_matthews - they are about done. Also trolled around Falls Bay and Crafton Island prospecting for Silvers. Nada, nothing. Caught one Pink. Saw a few jumpers that all looked like Pinks.
    "Miss Mary"

Bagged 4 silvers yesterday and one today off of Main Bay. 80-90 ft on herring.

Thanks for the update. We hit Pony Cove out of Seward today and caught 8 Silvers, but might give Main Bay another chance this weekend.
    "Miss Mary"