Thread: Zodiac floor repair

Default Zodiac floor repair

I have an older zodiac that hold air nicely but the floor is in rough shape. Rough as in it is fabric showing in spots with a couple small holes. Is it possible to patch the holes and do some kind of re-coating? We would just use it as a meat wagon for hunting so would have a tarp in the bottom too. I have heard of people using plasti dip with success so just wondering if anyone has thoughts or ideas. A floor replacement probably isn't worth it on this old girl. Thanks. Johan

There used to be a couple places in anchorage that applied a coating to the bottom. Alaska Raft Connection did mine, but I don't think that Brian is doing much of that work any more. There is a shop called Danny's something that I think does it.

It works good if they apply it correctly.

Call Bryan-- Best in the state-- hands down-- 907-250=2271
    Goo Vogt
    ALASKA WILD WATER
    sotaralaska@yahoo.com

The last couple times I talked to Brian he really did not want to work on the zodiacs. He is selling a new style boat that is reasonably priced and it seemed to me that he did not want to mess with my zodiac at all.

I am sorry if I sent bad inf. Know he makes more $ on repairs the asian boats??? New to me!!
    Goo

I had the same issue near the transom of mine.
    I cleaned the area (1" by the width of the boat) and coated with a tube of Aquaseal.
    Worked well for stopping the minor leak I had as well as adding some protection to the wear area.