Thread: duck blinds

Default duck blinds

Hey I was wondering if anyone has built themselfs a homemade duck blind? If so what all did you use and how did it work out. I was thinking of just using pvc pipe so I can pack it in. Any thoughts would help thanks all.

Tanner

Hey Tanner, are you the one with the broken arm. Not a common name, just thing I know you. Bud
    Wasilla

I have used green metal fence posts with camo netting and liked it. I bought the smaller gauge fence posts from Lowes and just stuck them where I wanted. 3-4 of them bundled up over you shoulder or strapped to a backpack carried real well.

Last year I built a blind out of 1" pvc and it worked good for me I made it so I could take it down and set it up easily. It held up really good in the wind and to anchor it to the ground I was able to push it down into the marsh so it didn't go anywhere. I built it a little taller than I needed it for the purpose of pushing it down.
    I used it a lot last year and never had it break on me but I did always bring a repair kit just in case. I never hunted it in the cold but imagine it might get a little easier to break in below freezing temps

uploadfromtaptalk1405356765285.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405356787944.jpg

Here is a pic of it all broke down, I color coded the ends and tried to make as few different size pieces as possible so it was easier to put together in the dark. It would take me about 15 minutes to set it all up in the morning after I had a few practice runs.
    uploadfromtaptalk1405357173152.jpg

No not me I got both my wings not in a sling

This is amazingly helpfull, you guys are by far the best source of knowledge I know and I greatly appricate it. I am truly greatfull.

Quote Originally Posted by bkbaker View Post
    I have used green metal fence posts with camo netting and liked it. I bought the smaller gauge fence posts from Lowes and just stuck them where I wanted. 3-4 of them bundled up over you shoulder or strapped to a backpack carried real well.
    I've done this also with success. Simple and easy to put together and buy. Where do you plan on doing your hunting? How far will you have to walk in. Do you have a ATV. A lot of us on here hunt out of boats, but there are some good places to hunt on foot or with a ATV. Bud
    Wasilla

I put together a PVC frame and it worked really well. It's been ten years or so since I chased ducks so you're welcome to my frame and netting if you'e interested.

Cheers,
    Earle

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I've done this also with success. Simple and easy to put together and buy. Where do you plan on doing your hunting? How far will you have to walk in. Do you have a ATV. A lot of us on here hunt out of boats, but there are some good places to hunt on foot or with a ATV. Bud

Iv only been to reflections lake but I'm a walker so I'll just be walking to what ever spot looks good based on reports. My friend has a side by side but I'll mostly be walking a couple miles to a good spot. I'm goin go to cottonwood creek just to check out the lay of the land and see how it all looks.
    Tanner

Feel free to contact me prior to opening. I can tell you about a couple spots to try that don't get a lot of pressure. Bud 240 4090
    Wasilla

Tanner,

Good luck with the blind and decoys. You'll probably put more use on em in one season than I did the whole time I had em.