Thread: South beach camping available despite tides?

Default South beach camping available despite tides?

I was wondering if anyone made it to south beach this weekend, and if so, is camping available despite the high tides? Thanks in advance.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Couldn't tell you on the campimng but here is an interesting article on the cities new fees.
    http://peninsulaclarion.com/news/201...ts-dipnet-fees
    I am liking the idea of Kenai residents not paying to access the city beach. Should have been done years ago.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

@Kasilofchrisn - I think you are misunderstanding the article. Kenai residents are still subject to all the parking, camping, and boat launch fees like anyone else.

When Mayor Porter talked about Kenai residents not bearing the costs of the fishery, she meant that she wanted to make sure the fees brought in cover the expenses associated with the fishery.

While it appears from the article that they instructed their city attorney to look into how they could exempt Kenai residents from paying the fees, nothing has been done on that yet. I also believe she is only talking about residents within the City of Kenai city limits, not all residents of the Kenai Peninsula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand all of that.
    I still believe residents of Kenai should get a free pass on city beaches that they access for free all but 20 days a year.
    And I still think residents of Kenai should have been exempted years ago.
    They tried to charge my friends dad to walk down the beach with his dipnet a few years back.
    He's lived in Kenai 40+ years.
    He refused to pay and suggested they call the cops on him if they felt so inclined.
    Nothing happened to him because of it.
    My family spends a lot of time on peninsula beaches. It's a shame the way they get trashed in July.

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    Couldn't tell you on the campimng but here is an interesting article on the cities new fees.
    i don't mean to be rude, but why the hijack on my thread? I don't care how much I have to pay to park/camp, I just want know if I'm going to be able to do it. This could be its own thread.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    i don't mean to be rude, but why the hijack on my thread? I don't care how much I have to pay to park/camp, I just want know if I'm going to be able to do it. This could be its own thread.
    I would like to know the parking and high tide situation at the south side as well. Could care less about fees

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    Sorry not intending to hijack. Just thought the increase in fees was relative to a discussion on camping and dipnetting.
    Hate to see you get down there only to find the rates had changed and you didn't have enough cash on hand.
    Looks like there is already a thread on the camping. Here is the link. I believe post #11 answers your question.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ide-conditions

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I understand all of that.
    I still believe residents of Kenai should get a free pass on city beaches that they access for free all but 20 days a year.
    And I still think residents of Kenai should have been exempted years ago.
    They tried to charge my friends dad to walk down the beach with his dipnet a few years back.
    He's lived in Kenai 40+ years.
    He refused to pay and suggested they call the cops on him if they felt so inclined.
    Nothing happened to him because of it.
    My family spends a lot of time on peninsula beaches. It's a shame the way they get trashed in July.

if anybody gets a free pass, then everybody gets a free pass. its public property

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    if anybody gets a free pass, then everybody gets a free pass. its public property
    I started a new thread please post your comments there.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ai-dipnet-fees