Thread: Possession Limit and Transferring Fish

Default Possession Limit and Transferring Fish

I was talking to a wildlife trooper today and according to him (Trooper Brent) even if you fill out a transfer of possession form, a person can only carry out the bag limit for you. For an example, if me and my buddy caught 2 silvers each at a 2 bag limit stream, we could not get a different friend to carry all of them out for us even if we filled the paperwork out, because the possession limit is only 2. The trooper said this was stated in statute 5AA75.010 which unfortunately I could not find online.

Any thoughts on this? Seems like proxies also wouldn't work according to what he was saying.

It's AAC (Alaska administrative code).

http://www.touchngo.com/lglcntr/akst...section010.htm

5 AAC 75.010. Possession of sport-caught fish

(a) Sport-caught fish, their parts, and articles manufactured from such fishes may be possessed within the state by any person at any time, and may be transported within and exported out of the state by any person at any time except that no person may possess any unpreserved fish, or part of one, not legally taken by himself, unless he furnishes, upon request of any peace officer of the state, a statement signed by the person taking the fish stating the type of fish, number of fish, location, date taken, and license number. The statement is unnecessary if the person possessing the fish is accompanied by the person who took the fish. No person may possess fish which were not legally taken.

(b) A person may possess only the limit of fish allowed for the water on which that person is fishing.

(c) Upon request by an employee of the department or a peace officer of the state, a person must present for inspection any fish taken or possessed by the person in a sport fishery.

(d) Upon request by an employee of the department or a peace officer of the state, a person while taking fish must present for inspection any apparatus designed to be or capable of being used to take fish in a sport fishery.