Thread: Beefing up plastic floorboards

Default Beefing up plastic floorboards

Hey folks,
    I've got a 16' inflatable with plastic floorboards. Not sure why the guy I bought it from went with plastic instead of aluminum, but there you go. In any case, over the years one of the panels has started to weaken and is developing a small crack. At this point it's not a huge deal but it is definitely getting bigger.

I'd like to get the panel repaired or replaced, but I have no idea where to start. Can anyone suggest a company here in Anchorage that does this kind of work? The panel is probably 4' by 4' (very rough estimate), and about 1 1/2" thick. I don't have it with me, or I'd take a pic and upload it to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

One other thought I had was to maybe get some aluminum panels attached to the plastic...I'm not a crafty kind of guy so I don't even know if that's possible.

What do you think? Any advice?

Thanks in advance

CAC Plastics in wasilla may be able to weld the crack shut and maybe add in some stiffeners to strengthen the panel. Give Steve or Jim a call.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

Thank you sir! That was exactly what I was thinking of. I'll give them a call.