Thread: Canoe Red Shirt Lake

Default Canoe Red Shirt Lake

Was thinking about taking a few days and trying to get to red shirt lake on the canoe. I know Nancy lake Rec area has a lot of canoe trails. Anyone know if you can get to red shirt? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there are trais there, CK the park service for more details there was a canoe rental service there don't knok if it is still going
    park service could tell you , they get a pice of the action SID

Map shows a foot trail out there. I bet it's a slog of a portage, though. I've done the Lynx Loop Canoe Trail...had some horrid portages (like needing 4 people to get a canoe up a hill.) It was more like a backpacking trip with optional canoe than a canoe trip.

It is a very good trail. Map, comments and info were posted under freshwater fishing section: canoeing into Redshirt for pike.

Thanks for starting this thread. I walked into Red Shirt Lake on my trip this year. 3 miles each way. Nice hike, I'd hate to carry a canoe in. The canoe rental place has canoes and kayaks on the lake. I did run into a family, 2 adults & 4 kids, hiking in to the lake. The guy was pulling what looked like a bike trailer loaded with their camping gear. All I could say was "Wow!" He was getting the job done, but it looked like more than I'd take on.