Thread: Glitches, Bugs and Broken Stuff

Administrator

Default Glitches, Bugs and Broken Stuff

Hi folks,

Unless you are either brand-new to our site, or are still stumbling through the half-sleep of fishing season in Alaska, you've probably noticed a few cosmetic changes around the site. Frankly, this is the biggest upgrade we've ever done in our 18 years online. We've been working on it since last fall, steadily, with the exception of a five-week trip I took to Asia, to help out some folks over there. At any rate, we wanted to create a thread where you can report anything that's broken, so we can fix it. It's like we just built a brand-new house; there's an outlet that needs a cover, a burned-out bulb over there, some trim that needs a paint touch-up and so on. Please explore the site and let us know what you're finding, okay? We'd like to fix it for you as soon as we can!

Just post them right in this thread, okay?

And for the record, we're talking not only about the forums, but especially about the main site. Where can you find the main site? Glad you asked! The links to the main section are at the top of this page, right under the new name of the site, "Alaska Outdoors Supersite".

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Admin

Attachments posted to threads which subsequently became 'closed' or 'locked' can not be deleted from the users SETTINGS >> ATTACHMENTS file.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I know this is extremely minor but I figured I would mention it. I use Chrome as a browser and I am still seeing the old, green Alaska icon as the little icon on this tab.

Quote Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
    I know this is extremely minor but I figured I would mention it. I use Chrome as a browser and I am still seeing the old, green Alaska icon as the little icon on this tab.
    Well spotted. I've fixed it. You may need to delete your browser cache to see the changes though. IE in particular really likes to keep ahold of the icons!

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    Attachments posted to threads which subsequently became 'closed' or 'locked' can not be deleted from the users SETTINGS >> ATTACHMENTS file.
    This is apparently a 'feature' of the software. They may change this in future versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Man1c M0g View Post
    Well spotted. I've fixed it. You may need to delete your browser cache to see the changes though. IE in particular really likes to keep ahold of the icons!
    It also appears to be the same issue with Tapatalk.